+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot No Moderators?

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    And that doesn't strike you as a little extreme for a footie forum?

At least you're expending all that time and effort ranting at cher and me now rather than the whole Muslim population of the world - on a Notts County website - as it used to be.
    Why would that be extreme?....surely if something is worth doing, then it is worth doing correctly....it was an extremely difficult and touchy subject, replying to a Mod that had said, for the 2nd time, that she had had enough and giving her reasons for reaching that decision.....I could have taken a leaf from the Sol School of Diplomacy and said "good, see yer"....but I took the difficult route of trying to rationalise and expand on several areas of the overall argument.

One of the areas that we both appeared to agree on, was the fact that she had become a Complaint Box Administrator ie asking people to complain, then handling them....IMO, that is not the correct way to run any Business Enterprise....I preferred Swale's "Pub Landlord approach" which was to allow it to be busy and occasionally rowdy, but "nip it in the bud" if it got messy.

You obviously disagree, you want a strict disciplinarian approach with fines and warnings, cards and bans.....that is why you have been winding Swale up for a few years....whereas I pointed out the failings of the "complain about everything approach" in one lengthy, and factually correct post.

My one concern, is that this forum has apparently been earmarked as a "problem site" if we believe everything we are told, and due for imminent closure (which makes no commercial sense IMO)......so my simple question is this....is it a problem site because the arguments and discussions have been allowed to continue....or is it because the losers of these arguments see it as an "easy win" to continually moan and gripe to the authorities to shut up the "other side"....and hit the Complaint Button believing that somewhere there must be a rule or law that has been broken because they believe they occupy the moral high-ground?

All I want to do is say my piece, in a rational and measured manner, without the fear of some namby-pamby continually screaming to Sir or Miss........OK with you?

Hey lads, am I right in thinking then that this board doesn't have any mods now ?.
    As a fellow 'mod' myself (on Barnsley Fc mad), I know the difficulties that come with this sort of role, and it can be a thankless task at times when certain rules have to be enforced!.
    But I hope this can be sorted out and that this board can continue as normal. Im a regular reader of threads on here, but I don't post much though.

Some people in life are so precious they get very offended if they aren't being offended.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Some people in life are so precious they get very offended if they aren't being offended.
    I agree Smiffy there are to many of the ''I want to be offended brigade'' who see racism/***ism etc. in every thing.
    They are a pain in the @rse imo.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I agree Smiffy there are to many of the ''I want to be offended brigade'' who see racism/***ism etc. in every thing.
    They are a pain in the @rse imo.
    Has anyone been following the Serena Williams fiasco, where she's had a point deducted, so she screamed even more....eventually had a game deducted ....so now she's screaming ***ism....wtf, it's two women playing each other, how can it be ***ism?

Now she's refusing to allow him to ref any of her matches....maybe Notts should ban "unfriendly refs"....hahahaha

Now an Aussie cartoonist is being slated for ***ism AND Racism for his portrayal of the incident

Here is a black guy explaining, in a 7 minute, vid why both incidents are pure rubbish....and that screaming ***ism or Racism at the slightest incident actually demeans the real incidents out there that need to be analysed and discussed......the boy that cried WOLF is a perfect analogy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GPPq3arKSY

The claims that Williams was treated in a ***ist or racist way in the final have been shown to be ridiculous, so the people making those claims have moved onto the cartoon.

Not sure the cartoonist meant it, but that could certainly be interpreted as racist, even in its depiction of Osaka as being white.

Serena Williams has showed what a spoilt, stuck up prick she is. So apparently she doesn't cheat cause she has a daughter??? Wtf, her coach admitted coaching her afterwards. Then in 2009 and 2011 she kicked off saying to a line judge she'd stuff the effing ball down her effing throat. Yeah she's a real victim ain't she. Then she starts crying and gets the crowd riled up to the point where they're booing so much during the presentation ceremony that her opponent starts crying. What an absolute tool she is.

Then we have the cartoon where people have complained it's racist because she has big lips and muscles, sorry to point this out but she does have big lips and oversized muscles. Then they say the other character was made white even though the skin colour is darker than the umpire depicted who is white. I didn't mind Serena before this but she should be ashamed of herself although obviously being a massive victim this may be hard. She can't handle not winning every tournament anymore so basically she's nice when winning for years and years and years but beefs when she's losing now and again thesedays.

Worst thing is this was Naomis first major tournament win and Serena took all the joy out of it and made it all about her, she owes Naomi a massive apology. I'm really mad about the whole thing, multi million pounds sports star and acts like a 14 year old baby, hope she loses every tournament she plays in now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The claims that Williams was treated in a ***ist or racist way in the final have been shown to be ridiculous, so the people making those claims have moved onto the cartoon.

Not sure the cartoonist meant it, but that could certainly be interpreted as racist, even in its depiction of Osaka as being white.
    The Umpire in the cartoon is white and Naomi isn't, check it again before you start jumping on the poor Serena band wagon. It's comments like yours that give the victim status to anyone nowadays who wants it. I'd hate to see something really bad happen to her. Also check Naomis hair, it was in a blond ponytail in the final which is reflected in the cartoon apart from he drew the top of her hair as blond as well. Every little thing nowadays is oh poor old me, nah balls to that, she acted like a prick and everyone loves to be offended thesedays so they can say poor old me, make me sick.

Name:  serena-cartoon-759.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  73.6 KB

White is the colour of the "OPEN" sign, right next to Osaka's face....he coloured her face somewhere between pink and black....no idea....plus she had a blonde ponytail in the final.....how this is a racist cartoon is beyond me....but unfortunately it's a sign of the times.
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 12-09-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Name:  serena-cartoon-759.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  73.6 KB

White is the colour of the "OPEN" sign, right next to Osaka's face....he coloured her face somewhere between pink and black....no idea....plus she had a blonde ponytail in the final.....how this is a racist cartoon is beyond me....but unfortunately it's a sign of the times.
    To be fair that picture of Williams looks more like Williams than Williams actually looks!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast