+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot No Moderators?

Side by side.....uncannily close

Name:  photo-1536722020.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  50.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Side by side.....uncannily close

Name:  photo-1536722020.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  50.6 KB
    Spot the difference!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Serena Williams has showed what a spoilt, stuck up prick she is. So apparently she doesn't cheat cause she has a daughter??? Wtf, her coach admitted coaching her afterwards. Then in 2009 and 2011 she kicked off saying to a line judge she'd stuff the effing ball down her effing throat. Yeah she's a real victim ain't she. Then she starts crying and gets the crowd riled up to the point where they're booing so much during the presentation ceremony that her opponent starts crying. What an absolute tool she is.

Then we have the cartoon where people have complained it's racist because she has big lips and muscles, sorry to point this out but she does have big lips and oversized muscles. Then they say the other character was made white even though the skin colour is darker than the umpire depicted who is white. I didn't mind Serena before this but she should be ashamed of herself although obviously being a massive victim this may be hard. She can't handle not winning every tournament anymore so basically she's nice when winning for years and years and years but beefs when she's losing now and again thesedays.

Worst thing is this was Naomis first major tournament win and Serena took all the joy out of it and made it all about her, she owes Naomi a massive apology. I'm really mad about the whole thing, multi million pounds sports star and acts like a 14 year old baby, hope she loses every tournament she plays in now.
    Totally agree. Particularly with your point about her stealing the winner's joy.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Attachment 10640

White is the colour of the "OPEN" sign, right next to Osaka's face....he coloured her face somewhere between pink and black....no idea....plus she had a blonde ponytail in the final.....how this is a racist cartoon is beyond me....but unfortunately it's a sign of the times.
    The broken racquet and spat out dummy on the floor also help to make the point.

Back on topic, it seems Cher's moderator status has been removed but mine hasn't as yet. Hopefully I'll be truly free soon to do my 'kiss and tell style' exposé of what goes on behind the curtain of NCM. I'm thinking of having it serialised on PON. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    The Umpire in the cartoon is white and Naomi isn't, check it again before you start jumping on the poor Serena band wagon. It's comments like yours that give the victim status to anyone nowadays who wants it. I'd hate to see something really bad happen to her. Also check Naomis hair, it was in a blond ponytail in the final which is reflected in the cartoon apart from he drew the top of her hair as blond as well. Every little thing nowadays is oh poor old me, nah balls to that, she acted like a prick and everyone loves to be offended thesedays so they can say poor old me, make me sick.

Not sure whether your reading skills are up to it, but how in any way does my first sentence infer that I want to jump on the “poor Serena bandwagon”? Her behaviour in the final was appalling, and the way the umpire has been hung out to dry by the WTA is disgraceful. She is clearly considered to be bigger than her sport.

As for the cartoon, I’m not sure what I presume to be white, probably middle aged Englishmen are the best people to judge whether it’s racist or not, especially when one of them is actually racist.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Back on topic, it seems Cher's moderator status has been removed but mine hasn't as yet. Hopefully I'll be truly free soon to do my 'kiss and tell style' exposé of what goes on behind the curtain of NCM. I'm thinking of having it serialised on PON. What do you think?
    Any clue as to whether I emerge as the hero or the villain before giving my approval?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Not sure whether your reading skills are up to it, but how in any way does my first sentence infer that I want to jump on the “poor Serena bandwagon”? Her behaviour in the final was appalling, and the way the umpire has been hung out to dry by the WTA is disgraceful. She is clearly considered to be bigger than her sport.

As for the cartoon, I’m not sure what I presume to be white, probably middle aged Englishmen are the best people to judge whether it’s racist or not, especially when one of them is actually racist.
    God forbid a black person would never understand what racism actually stands for.

She then accused white people of peddling a ‘tactic as old as colonialism’.

Miss Abbott immediately faced calls to resign. Tory MP Nadhim Zahawi said if a white politician had made similar comments about blacks they would have had to quit.

INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT IN WHICH SHE WALKED OFF TO TAKE A CALL FROM ED MILIBAND
    Call from the boss: Abbott walked off after receiving a phone call during an interview
    Sophy Ridge: Can you understand the consternation that your tweet has created?

Diane Abbott: Well I was actually referring to the nature of 19th century European colonialism, but that's a bit much to go into 140 characters

SR: But if you look at it out of context, saying 'white people love to divide and rule' is a pretty controversial remark if people don't see it in context. Do you accept that it was not a wise thing to put out there?

DA: I think the tweet was taken out of context and some people have interpreted it maliciously

SR: Well, explain to us then, and for our viewers who are talking about this and there's a lot of Twitter activity going on, explain to us what you actually meant by it

Abbott's phone had started ringing and, indicating to Miss Ridge, she said 'Can I just...' before walking off camera.

‘It is outrageous,’ he said. ‘If this was reversed I guarantee you a white politician would have to resign their frontbench position or be sacked and I think she should do the honourable thing and go. To hold views that white people play games of divide and rule is blatantly racist.’

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg dismissed her comments as ‘stupid and crass generalisation’.

But Miss Abbott, who has a history of making racially-charged statements, initially refused to back down. In a Twitter message and a brief TV interview she insisted her words had been ‘taken out of context’. The unrepentant MP even sought to claim she was talking about the ‘nature of 19th century European colonialism’ rather than modern Britain.

But while she was on camera, she took a phone call from Mr Miliband, who told her she had let down both him and the Labour Party and he demanded that she make a public apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Any clue as to whether I emerge as the hero or the villain before giving my approval?
    You'l have to wait and see... I haven't written the ending yet

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    You'l have to wait and see... I haven't written the ending yet
    If there is an ending, I'm pretty sure the last words will be mine.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast