+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wot No Moderators?

Wot No Moderators?

Name:  Moderators.jpg
Views: 1569
Size:  10.9 KB
    As I understand it the board is currently operating without moderators.

I’d just like to thank Swale and Cher for doing a thankless job for so long.

Indeed, many thanks! What a shame, although it is indeed a thankless task (except here!)

Being an advocate of free speech I don't mind not having moderators, but I'm realistic that as the current law stands the MAD administrators aren't able to go outside the legal boundaries, and in that context both Swale and Cher did a good job, letting heated debate flow as long as it didn't get too far into a slanging match.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Indeed, many thanks! What a shame, although it is indeed a thankless task (except here!)

Being an advocate of free speech I don't mind not having moderators, but I'm realistic that as the current law stands the MAD administrators aren't able to go outside the legal boundaries, and in that context both Swale and Cher did a good job, letting heated debate flow as long as it didn't get too far into a slanging match.
    Thank you jackal2 and 60Years, unfortunately there's only so long certain insufferable and disturbed trolls can be tolerated and I've passed that time. If this was indeed the 'friendly pub' that has been mentioned as a comparison, they would have either been barred or had their lights punched out long, long ago, with possibly (nay, probably!) both actions performed by me. I am a lifelong and therefore long suffering Notts fan, like most on here, and would much rather enjoy my time supporting my club (tough as it may be of course, despite my rose-tinted bifocals!) than have to hold my tongue while prats like that regularly ask for a further swatting like annoying yet persistent mosquitoes. Now I'll be free to say what I mean and get banned like everyone else once the moderator label has been removed.

For by far the most part it's been a pleasure to be a moderator on here all this time, so thanks again.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-09-2018 at 12:04 PM.

This post deserves to be at the top. For this board it is a major loss. Cher & Swale have been fair and decent throughout. God preserve us from the likes of Rubber Chicken Balti.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    This post deserves to be at the top. For this board it is a major loss. Cher & Swale have been fair and decent throughout. God preserve us from the likes of Rubber Chicken Balti.
    What Sidn just said...the majority of time I read the stuff on here I just shake my head in disbelief...what's the fleck up with people..

Oh sorry missed the important part, thanks Cher and Swale, welcome back to the real world ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Entirely agree

Could it end up being closed if they can't get anybody to mod it?
    Make sure you have V!ta| bookmarked as a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Could it end up being closed if they can't get anybody to mod it?
    Make sure you have V!ta| bookmarked as a backup.
    I do hope not as it would make a mockery of the 14/15 years we've been on here following the mass exodus from Rivals. I'd carry on happily if it wasn't for the abuse. It simply isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I do hope not as it would make a mockery of the 14/15 years we've been on here following the mass exodus from Rivals. I'd carry on happily if it wasn't for the abuse. It simply isn't worth it.
    Whatever else I am accused of, I have never done anything but praise the moderation on this board. You and Cher have done as good a job as is possible. It will be sad if someone comes in and tries to mod the board their way, because it won't last 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Whatever else I am accused of, I have never done anything but praise the moderation on this board. You and Cher have done as good a job as is possible. It will be sad if someone comes in and tries to mod the board their way, because it won't last 5 minutes.
    I would vote for Elite, as a fair minded, intelligent, thoughtful balanced person he would be ideal

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast