+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smallwood.

Smallwood.

I can feel a groundswell of opinion going against RS from the fans on various social media. Its been building up and I now fear these arseholes will get what they want and it'll hit the stands at the games soon.

Blackburn latest booboy..

I'll add, once it happens, most players don't come back from it..

I did a thread on Smallwood so I feel I am being partially aimed at with this
    I am in no way disliking Smallwood as a player or person as last season he was fantastic and you can clearly see he is putting the effort in unlike some who on sunday seem to stroll through but his limitations are showing unfortunately
    Many more results like Sunday and fans will look for a scapegoat sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I did a thread on Smallwood so I feel I am being partially aimed at with this
    I am in no way disliking Smallwood as a player or person as last season he was fantastic and you can clearly see he is putting the effort in unlike some who on sunday seem to stroll through but his limitations are showing unfortunately
    Many more results like Sunday and fans will look for a scapegoat sadly.
    I gather he had a good game against Villa, Robin.
    With Smallwood, Evans, Reed, Davenport, Travis (even Bennett and Rodwell!) all able to play as "holding" midfielders, it's one area we are definitely spoiled for choice.
    It's a pity Travis didn't get a loan-move. I suspect he is going to be kicking his heels till Christmas.

Youre right Sax, we do seem to have more than our fair share of idiots who seem to determine to target any individual player at any time to barrack.
    If they’re ‘coasting’ and not contributing ala Murphy for example - fine. But when players who giving their best every time out, it’s well out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I gather he had a good game against Villa, Robin.
    With Smallwood, Evans, Reed, Davenport, Travis (even Bennett and Rodwell!) all able to play as "holding" midfielders, it's one area we are definitely spoiled for choice.
    It's a pity Travis didn't get a loan-move. I suspect he is going to be kicking his heels till Christmas.

Travis lost his head when he didn't get a loan move (I believe to Fleetwood?) and caused a real stink.
    So he was taken out of the matchday squad for Bristol City and fined 2 weeks wages. And now faces an uphill task to force his way back onto the bench. Reed is much better so he needs to buck up his ideas.
    While we all like him, rate him. What we don't see is him in training.
    I think its fair to say, if you work hard, TM will reward you. If not, you will find yourself not playing.
    There have been continued problems with this lads poor attitude, and reasons why he has not played. And this recent problem has been kept 'in-house'.
    The lad fancies himself, that's part of the problem. And has a problem with attitude.
    TM will sort him, or he wont make it. Simple as that.
    We didn't let him go, as quite simply we required him to be around the first team. We pay his wages, we call the shots, not him. If he carries on like this, he wont go far. Its up to him. But by the sounds of it, he needs to do what hes told, work hard, and listen to his manager. I get the feeling he isn't.

With respect, Champs, that's all hearsay. A lot of the "inside information" that gets reported turns out to be Chinese whispers.
    I am a huge admirer of TM, but I don't take your line that he always gets everything right.
    Travis might be a "bad 'un" - I've no idea. All I can judge him on is what I've seen on the pitch, and his contributions there have been very good for such an inexperienced player.
    I also have some sympathy for him wanting a loan-move because his development is crying out for regular first-team football. He's miles away from that in our squad now.
    Anyway, if he's being punished for "poor attitude", Mowbray might get accused of hypocrisy, given his defence of Dack! I don't think Travis has assaulted any police-officers.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    With respect, Champs, that's all hearsay. A lot of the "inside information" that gets reported turns out to be Chinese whispers.
    I am a huge admirer of TM, but I don't take your line that he always gets everything right.
    Travis might be a "bad 'un" - I've no idea. All I can judge him on is what I've seen on the pitch, and his contributions there have been very good for such an inexperienced player.
    I also have some sympathy for him wanting a loan-move because his development is crying out for regular first-team football. He's miles away from that in our squad now.
    Anyway, if he's being punished for "poor attitude", Mowbray might get accused of hypocrisy, given his defence of Dack! I don't think Travis has assaulted any police-officers.
    Dack wins football matches. And never let's us down on a match day. Travis doesn't win football matches, and has a poor attitude. As crap as that is, it's reality.

Nobody in football gets it right all of the time. Fergie didn't.
    Mowbray gets it right a hell of alot more than he gets it wrong. That's what you want.

My inside info told me when and how much Armstrong was signing for, way before any repoers. So I'm willing to trust the scource. And it's not my mates dad's dog goes for walks past the training ground.....kind of link.

I've heard it alleged Damien Johnson had a similar attitude back in the day while at Rovers.. Felt he'd made it before his time.. He eventually was let go, but went on to have a reasonable career.. Maybe Travis will end up the same.

By the way, Dacks 'assault' on the PO was a push I'm led to believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)