+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frank Rijkaard?

Frank Rijkaard?

What do you make of this article? Not sure myself apart from it being clear Kewell takes management seriously

https://www.theguardian.com/football...d-notts-county

don't forget to read the btl - some interesting comments from non-notts fans

Interesting reading the comments, more so than the article itself which is basically very limited in its content. Nice to see some non Notts fans actually have a little understanding of our club and it’s history.

I’m actually looking forward to seeing how things pan out with HK, Feeney and Hart because it seems they will be a very strong team both professionally and personally. Also for his faults I do also think AH is learning from his mistakes and it is obvious where we find ourselves now has probably been something he has been working on bringing to fruition for a little while now.

Fingers crossed we have plenty to look forward to … however this is Notts County we are talking about and we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Interesting reading the comments, more so than the article itself which is basically very limited in its content. Nice to see some non Notts fans actually have a little understanding of our club and it’s history.

I’m actually looking forward to seeing how things pan out with HK, Feeney and Hart because it seems they will be a very strong team both professionally and personally. Also for his faults I do also think AH is learning from his mistakes and it is obvious where we find ourselves now has probably been something he has been working on bringing to fruition for a little while now.

Fingers crossed we have plenty to look forward to … however this is Notts County we are talking about and we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves!
    In what way is the article limited? It's about Kewell rather than NCFC. That was the writer's remit and he sticks to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    In what way is the article limited? It's about Kewell rather than NCFC. That was the writer's remit and he sticks to it.
    In my opinion the article doesn’t have much depth to it. Just my opinion, now stop smarting for an argument and post something constructive

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I agree with him, Sid. You'd be hard pushed to find any statement of intent or actual belief, just the impression given that he has them.
    Probably more the interviewers fault for not digging deeper. Pity cos the readers can handle more of the detail or technical stuff (if it's there). We've all got to hope there's substance behind the talk of 'the most promising young managers in English football'. For now, there's no reason not to believe it.

I don't know how good Rijkaard is/was as a coach. He seemed to be one of those who went in at the top of the managerial tree by virtue of his playing reputation, so straight away he was working with great players and would have had to try hard to fail.

What I do know is that I saw Frank Rijkaard commit the most disgusting spitting incident I've ever seen on a football pitch, spitting at Rudi Voller not once, but twice. Spitting on a fellow professional is the lowest of the low anyway, but even if you try to explain one instance as being a momentary loss of control in the heat of the moment, to do it twice, with a considerable pause in between, is abhorrent.

So Rijkaard the coach, maybe he's great, maybe he isn't. Rijkaard the man, no respect at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I don't know how good Rijkaard is/was as a coach. He seemed to be one of those who went in at the top of the managerial tree by virtue of his playing reputation, so straight away he was working with great players and would have had to try hard to fail.

What I do know is that I saw Frank Rijkaard commit the most disgusting spitting incident I've ever seen on a football pitch, spitting at Rudi Voller not once, but twice. Spitting on a fellow professional is the lowest of the low anyway, but even if you try to explain one instance as being a momentary loss of control in the heat of the moment, to do it twice, with a considerable pause in between, is abhorrent.

So Rijkaard the coach, maybe he's great, maybe he isn't. Rijkaard the man, no respect at all.
    I have to agree. He was a great footballer and someone you would want in your team until the incident with Voller. After that, I wouldn't want him anywhere near a team that I support as that was just disgusting and has no place in the game

For younger viewers who may not remember it, here's the incident:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26835219

Draw your own conclusions about Mr Rijkaard.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    In my opinion the article doesn’t have much depth to it. Just my opinion, now stop smarting for an argument and post something constructive
    [I]'m not spoiling for an argument, I'm simply stating my pov. Mr Doyle will have been given a wordage and if he exceeds it then he loses control of the editing. Been there many many times. By extra depth, i presume you mean more of the article should be about Notts rather than Kewell. If I'm wrong, please explain yourself. Is that constructive enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    For younger viewers who may not remember it, here's the incident:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/26835219

Draw your own conclusions about Mr Rijkaard.
    I agree with you on this one, J2, but for Kewell it was a case of taking as you find.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast