+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Threads

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    I was a 63 baby so you are a bit older I reckon.
    Yes, born in 60

Hate getting old

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Frankly, I'm astonished. Frog puts up a sensible, conciliatory post and we get this absolute nonsense from naked. What is this guy on? We had the vote on OT. It's over. And MM is NOT a football message board; it's a message board for football fans who (mostly) support RUFC. But as well as the Millers I'm also interested in how sickly is doing in NZ, sota, cam and CT in the US, frog and perigord in France, WanChai in HK and I'm also interested in my old stamping ground in Rotherham and EH in particular and the people like Brin and sota who lived nearby.
    What right has a guy who has only just joined MM to demand the mods "wield the axe"? And as for his suggestion there have been no new topics for months the guy is clearly an idiot. There have been dozens. You try and make peace on here and some guy comes along and kicks sand in your face. Pathetic.
    I dont think hes only just joined monty, could be wrong but..are you answering yourself ?

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    I dont think hes only just joined monty, could be wrong but..are you answering yourself ?
    That's a very odd thing to suggest. I know mike thinks he's Kempo but mike thinks everyone is Kempo.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    That's a very odd thing to suggest. I know mike thinks he's Kempo but mike thinks everyone is Kempo.
    Actually, ive enjoyed reading this thread even though im from kimmy and not herringthorpe..i pretty much know the area though because i used to knock about round that area for a while as i had relations on badsley moor lane..

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Monty, how close our living areas matched.

Our short cut to Far lane was down the slopes off Cawthorne Close and and across Herringthorpe Valley Road and through the snicket that came out into Sheridan Drive. Straight across this to the connecting snicket up a short slope to climb the steps onto Far Lane. The Post Office was then to our right, not sure if it's still a Post Office. We'd then walk up Badsley Moor Lane to Arnold Road nursery, my first school then as the years passed, up to Badsley Moor Lane Infants and Junior School up to 71 then it was a longer trudge to Spurley Hey Comp.

As for the Greasborough area I was born at 14 Hartley Lane in a railway rented house as my late Father was a signalman at the time.
    The lane still exists but you could drive past it if you didn't know it was there. Up to the top of Tenter Street and you come to the railway bridge. As you pass over the bridge, Hartley Lane is immediately on your right. Lived there up to 64 then moved to Shelley Road in Herringthorpe. Moved to Lockwood road in 67 and stayed up to 75.
    Its not greasbro' though brin its thornhill near the clough..youd have to walk a good half hour or so over the fields to get to greasbro'

Its not greasbro' though brin its thornhill near the clough..youd have to walk a good half hour or so over the fields to get to greasbro'
    Don't get me started on Greasbrough. Used to walk up there many weekends to fish in the dams. Never caught much but did better in the little river/stream that came out of the Mill Dam. Full of fish. Anyone know what it was called as I don't?

Actually, ive enjoyed reading this thread even though im from kimmy and not herringthorpe..i pretty much know the area though because i used to knock about round that area for a while as i had relations on badsley moor lane..
    I was at De La Salle with a guy called Steve from Kimmy and stayed at their house a couple of times. Can't remember his surname or address but the bus went past the Domino a few minutes after his stop.

Have a mate who is now in NZ who used to live near the Domino, had a few pints in there.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    Have a mate who is now in NZ who used to live near the Domino, had a few pints in there.
    Never went in, sickly. Drank in the Bridge Inn, Tabard and Stag but I didn't drink much in those days. As for getting old it's a pain in the rrse. I intend to investigate the availability of some painless, quick-acting poison as there's no way I want to end up with some Bulgarian wiping my bum.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast