+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Threads

O/T Threads

IF you don't like who is stating them or the subject then please don't post on them!

I would like to think that we're all grown up enough to debate without insulting one and other! If you feel that you are righting something just to have a pop at someone then what you're actually doing is stopping the rest of us debating a subject.

Topics automatically drop down the board if there isn't any interest.

Live and let live and debate the subject and not the author.

Thanks in advance.

Very well said, frog. I've been as guilty as anyone. We all have preconceptions of other posters and seem completely unable to move on. Constant reference to past positions means any attempt at reconcilaition or at least accommodation seems impossible. I'm sure if we all met in a pub we'd find much more common ground than we seem able to on here.

Topics don't need to drop down the board to get rid of them. Surely the mods can just delete them when its obvious that they are designed to be wind ups or just old arguments rehashed

WIELD THE AXE !!!

As the world changes and news breaks then opinions change. Why would the mods on this site want to stiffle opinion?

There is an open O/T policy voted for by the users of MillerMad. The subject was brought to surface last year when everyone was asked whether the O/T thread should be put onto another board.

The democratic poll showed that the majority of members wanted the O/T subjects to be left on the main board. This will continue to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    As the world changes and news breaks then opinions change. Why would the mods on this site want to stiffle opinion?

There is an open O/T policy voted for by the users of MillerMad. The subject was brought to surface last year when everyone was asked whether the O/T thread should be put onto another board.

The democratic poll showed that the majority of members wanted the O/T subjects to be left on the main board. This will continue to happen.
    Why stifle opinion?

Because it’s a football message board maybe?

But fair enough keep the “new” topics, but there’s not been one of those for months, there have been many rehashed posts recently and the replies are as predictable as before. They are also the threads that end up in name calling and general insults. Those are the ones the mods need to axe.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    Why stifle opinion?

Because it’s a football message board maybe?

But fair enough keep the “new” topics, but there’s not been one of those for months, there have been many rehashed posts recently and the replies are as predictable as before. They are also the threads that end up in name calling and general insults. Those are the ones the mods need to axe.
    The name calling isn't acceptable and that is why I wrote "Live and let live and debate the subject and not the author".

If you're just having a pop because you don't like who has written something then don't post on that thread. If you are against what they have written then write something that isn't insulting to the author but clearly explains your feelings on a subject.

Frankly, I'm astonished. Frog puts up a sensible, conciliatory post and we get this absolute nonsense from naked. What is this guy on? We had the vote on OT. It's over. And MM is NOT a football message board; it's a message board for football fans who (mostly) support RUFC. But as well as the Millers I'm also interested in how sickly is doing in NZ, sota, cam and CT in the US, frog and perigord in France, WanChai in HK and I'm also interested in my old stamping ground in Rotherham and EH in particular and the people like Brin and sota who lived nearby.
    What right has a guy who has only just joined MM to demand the mods "wield the axe"? And as for his suggestion there have been no new topics for months the guy is clearly an idiot. There have been dozens. You try and make peace on here and some guy comes along and kicks sand in your face. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Frankly, I'm astonished. Frog puts up a sensible, conciliatory post and we get this absolute nonsense from naked. What is this guy on? We had the vote on OT. It's over. And MM is NOT a football message board; it's a message board for football fans who (mostly) support RUFC. But as well as the Millers I'm also interested in how sickly is doing in NZ, sota, cam and CT in the US, frog and perigord in France, WanChai in HK and I'm also interested in my old stamping ground in Rotherham and EH in particular and the people like Brin and sota who lived nearby.
    What right has a guy who has only just joined MM to demand the mods "wield the axe"? And as for his suggestion there have been no new topics for months . There have been dozens. You try and make peace on here and some guy comes along and kicks sand in your face. Pathetic.
    Could I ask you to delete the insult please Monte.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    What right has a guy who has only just joined MM to demand the mods "wield the axe"? And as for his suggestion there have been no new topics for months the guy is clearly an idiot. There have been dozens. You try and make peace on here and some guy comes along and kicks sand in your face. Pathetic.
    I rest my case m’lud

Every topic has been discussed many times. It's just the players who change or the positions.

O/T subjects are great. They can more often be funny than argumentitive.

My daughter as returned for the weekend so logging off.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast