+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Threads

Indeed! ��

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Monty, it’s alwzys been the dene brook. Used to frequent it very well in the early 80’s. Maybe your mind is playing tricks on you as it as always been slightly set back off the road.

It’s the only pub I’ve known for years on that stretch of country lane.
    Its not a pub anymore these days.

Its a care home for adults with learning difficulties.

Most of the adults that used to frequent it when it was a pub appeared to have learning difficulties after a gallon to be fair.

Still it could worse, it could have been turned into an Indian Restaurant like so many other old pubs have.

Wonder just how many pubs have shut in Rotherham over the last 10-20 years.

Must be dozens and dozens.

Cheap supermarket ale and the smoking ban have played a big part. Wouldn't want to go back to smoke filled pubs tbh though.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Its not a pub anymore these days.

Its a care home for adults with learning difficulties.

Most of the adults that used to frequent it when it was a pub appeared to have learning difficulties after a gallon to be fair.

Still it could worse, it could have been turned into an Indian Restaurant like so many other old pubs have.

Wonder just how many pubs have shut in Rotherham over the last 10-20 years.

Must be dozens and dozens.

Cheap supermarket ale and the smoking ban have played a big part. Wouldn't want to go back to smoke filled pubs tbh though.
    You've saved me a trip, riley. There's a good website I look at called something like "Lost Pubs of Rotherham". Smoking ban killed the pub trade round here. A couple of places had about 80% of clients stood outside but then people objected to that and now the pubs are really restaurants. I drink at home now - but I'm a miserable git anyway.

Seems that the same posters are going over the top with O/T with a few more joining in.

Being done deliberately to spoil millersmad which is about football. Or trying to prove a point ?

Unbelievable how it’s been left to carry on.

No we don’t get much talking about football anymore because them posters that used to give good posts/threads have decided to not bother.

What a shame that the best board on mad has/is being put to death.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Seems that the same posters are going over the top with O/T with a few more joining in.

Being done deliberately to spoil millersmad which is about football. Or trying to prove a point ?

No we don’t get much talking about football anymore because them posters that used to give good posts/threads have decided to not bother.

Frog/Cam time to ban this bloke I think. he's just trying to spoil peoples' enjoyment of the board and cause trouble. Why else would he revisit this thread to spout his usual crap we've all heard from him loads of times before.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

We lost on Saturday, we have no injuries, no news from the club and no new signings. I'm quite happy that people are posting regardless during this slow week.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    We lost on Saturday, we have no injuries, no news from the club and no new signings. I'm quite happy that people are posting regardless during this slow week.
    Quite so, frog. But I'm not having Millertop's insinuation that me and a few others (I know he means me as he's always on my case) are posting "...deliberately to spoil millersmad..."
    That is not on. Can we get something straight. I've been posting on here for 15 years or so. In that time MM ALWAYS had a vibrant OT section.
    Can I further say that this week half-a-dozen different valued posters have started OT threads. My "Cover Versions" thread (which Millertop wants you to stop) has had around 200 replies from loads of valued memebers including BigLad, Sickly, Sota, CTMiller, LincsMiller, Casper, Brin and many others.
    Please have a word with this character because if he had his way the board would be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Quite so, frog. But I'm not having Millertop's insinuation that me and a few others (I know he means me as he's always on my case) are posting "...deliberately to spoil millersmad..."
    That is not on. Can we get something straight. I've been posting on here for 15 years or so. In that time MM ALWAYS had a vibrant OT section.
    Can I further say that this week half-a-dozen different valued posters have started OT threads. My "Cover Versions" thread (which Millertop wants you to stop) has had around 200 replies from loads of valued memebers including BigLad, Sickly, Sota, CTMiller, LincsMiller, Casper, Brin and many others.
    Please have a word with this character because if he had his way the board would be dead.
    I find it completely annoying when people complain about O/T threads. I have been posting/looking in on here for about 12 years, I've had 4 user names, 3 rileyev types but initially I used 2jacks, both names are in tribute to my Sons. Not a multi btw, logging in issues forced the changes.

Anyway back on topic, why people moan about them is totally beyond me, the clue is there people, O f@cking T, don't read them if they annoy you ffs!!!!

Millertop goes on about "when this was the best board on Mad", part of the reason it was the best was because of how vibrant it was and O/T played a massive part in that. Some of the standout people who have posted on here and some that still do, standout because of their O/T contributions.

If the only thing that motivates you is football/Millers related that's fine but don't expect everyone to be the same.

All the most memorable posts I can think of on here are O/T non footy posts. I cannot remember for the life of me who it was who went on loan to Frickley in 2009 or who we played on Good Friday 2011 but I do remember Kempo and the great Sugar Tiler having some great battles/debates around the same time.

Long live O/T

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    I find it completely annoying when people complain about O/T threads. I have been posting/looking in on here for about 12 years, I've had 4 user names, 3 rileyev types but initially I used 2jacks, both names are in tribute to my Sons. Not a multi btw, logging in issues forced the changes.

Anyway back on topic, why people moan about them is totally beyond me, the clue is there people, O f@cking T, don't read them if they annoy you ffs!!!!

Millertop goes on about "when this was the best board on Mad", part of the reason it was the best was because of how vibrant it was and O/T played a massive part in that. Some of the standout people who have posted on here and some that still do, standout because of their O/T contributions.

If the only thing that motivates you is football/Millers related that's fine but don't expect everyone to be the same.

All the most memorable posts I can think of on here are O/T non footy posts. I cannot remember for the life of me who it was who went on loan to Frickley in 2009 or who we played on Good Friday 2011 but I do remember Kempo and the great Sugar Tiler having some great battles/debates around the same time.

Long live O/T
    Well said. (Riley here and Monty on an earlier post.) Whether the (it would seem lone) voice opposing OT posts is genuine or a wind-up, there is no harm in restating the points in favor of keeping alive this valuable contribution to the viability of Millersmad.

Thanks to both Riley and CT. Millertop is imo a valuable poster but he's got this bee in his bonnet and won't stop moaning about it. Cam. Frog and other wiser heads have repeatedly told him that there is no link between OT and people not posting on MM anymore. he won't listen. It's ironic to me that great madsters and diehard Millers like Poddington and BOTN have both contributed to recent OT threads.
    I'd cut Millertop some slack but to me his accusation that I have the aim of destroying MM is insulting. It's also daft. I'm retired, can't get to Rotherham as often as I used to and probably need MM more than most posters. Why on earth I should wish to destroy a valuable asset is baffling.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast