+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: O/T Threads

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    15+!!!!!!!!!! Enough for a war party, Brin. Don't remember going that far when I lived on Ridgeway but it became a regular haunt after we moved to Bridge Street, so I would have been up there lots at weekends and holidays from around 1964 to 1969. Used to take that little path from Church Street down to the first dam but quite often just fished that little stream. Sometimes carried on through the park, past Wentworth Woodhouse and on to fish the lake at Elsecar. Never caught a thing at Elsecar though.
    Destinations were the same for me in the late 60s/early 70s but coming from the opposite direction, Rawmarsh. Dams were via Stubbin and Elsecar via Wentworth, usually on a Sunday walk with Mum + Dad plus aunts, uncles and cousins who all lived within a stones throw of each other. Getting kids to walk for 3-4 hours these days might be a challenge. Trips to Greasborough always ended in the beer garden here, bottle of fizzy orange and bag of crisps with the little blue salt packet.

Name:  YellowLion.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  71.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Destinations were the same for me in the late 60s/early 70s but coming from the opposite direction, Rawmarsh. Dams were via Stubbin and Elsecar via Wentworth, usually on a Sunday walk with Mum + Dad plus aunts, uncles and cousins who all lived within a stones throw of each other. Getting kids to walk for 3-4 hours these days might be a challenge. Trips to Greasborough always ended in the beer garden here, bottle of fizzy orange and bag of crisps with the little blue salt packet.

Name:  YellowLion.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  71.1 KB
    Lovely photo, Cam. Fizzy orange and crisps with the little blue salt wrap - seems like yesterday.

CAM, recall the crisps well. They’d be XL crisps made in Conisborough

Went past the Yellow Lion on the bus yesterday. The frontage hasn't changed much over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, recall the crisps well. They’d be XL crisps made in Conisborough
    Brin, not in my day. Crisps were Smiths and they didn't have a sachet but a blue paper wrap with the salt in. Only one flavour then; first new flavour was Cheese & Onion but I can't remember when they came in. No crisps ever as good as Smiths.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Went past the Yellow Lion on the bus yesterday. The frontage hasn't changed much over the years.
    On the bus, mike! Is the roller in the garage?

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Lovely photo, Cam. Fizzy orange and crisps with the little blue salt wrap - seems like yesterday.
    Yes Smiths with the salt in ball a blue tissue paper twisted to keep it in. Got me thinking about other crisp manufacturers like XL etc. before Walkers/Lays took over the world.

Remember XL, I used to live opposite the Joker, many a day sat on the wall with pop and XL.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    Remember XL, I used to live opposite the Joker, many a day sat on the wall with pop and XL.
    Sickly, it's not as photogenic as the Yellow lion I'm afraid!

No it's not.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast