+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Threads

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Very well said, frog. I've been as guilty as anyone. We all have preconceptions of other posters and seem completely unable to move on. Constant reference to past positions means any attempt at reconcilaition or at least accommodation seems impossible. I'm sure if we all met in a pub we'd find much more common ground than we seem able to on here.
    Yes, if I met you in a pub I would warmly shake you by the neck....erm hand......just joking me old mucker!

Your preconception of me being a miserable old stalinist would soon evaporate when you saw my handsome gentlemanly face! Probably think I was a member of the aristocracy...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 08-09-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Frankly, I'm astonished. And MM is NOT a football message board; it's a message board for football fans who (mostly) support RUFC. But as well as the Millers I'm also interested in how sickly is doing in NZ, sota, cam and CT in the US, frog and perigord in France, WanChai in HK and I'm also interested in my old stamping ground in Rotherham and EH in particular and the people like Brin and sota who lived nearby.
    Nice one, Monty.

Footymad/Millersmad
    A football fan's dream site: all the breaking news, live scores, results and match reports

That’s telling me it’s a football message board

I think Monty is saying that it's much more than just a footy board, it's a virtual social gathering of people, with The Millers being the common denominator.
    Thanks to this board I've been reunited with some dear old friends and met some great new ones. I'll drink to that.

You are quite right Monty, been on a weekend tour supporting my boys rep team. Mine is the one in the head gear. Hope all is well. UTM

Name:  41193940_10156612203569322_2381434687026364416_o.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  91.7 KB
    Last edited by sickly_child; 09-09-2018 at 07:57 AM.

I like the O/T posts and it's great to have good, well thought through debates on any side of political spectrum. They have been somewhat abused though for either wind ups or for repeatedly promoting a single political viewpoint. Be great to steer clear of this. It's one thing to respond to political posts and give your opinions, but to deliberately set posts up with the objective of promoting your political views is risible, whatever the view point.

I think this is a fair point Pup, one of the reasons I stopped posting was because of the unpleasant views a few years ago. I do not like censorship and as long as the debate is civil then can be interesting and at time informative.

Some good points but when the insults are traded they are usually on the O/T threads not on the football related ones

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    Some good points but when the insults are traded they are usually on the O/T threads not on the football related ones
    Probably inevitable when you consider we all support the same team. Though when things are tough people get upset.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    Probably inevitable when you consider we all support the same team. Though when things are tough people get upset.
    naked's point is not quite correct. Football posts result in just as many insults as OT; check out the recent "pillocks" controversy for example.
    MM is not immune from the increasingly bitter tone in European politics. The govt has put the army on standby for fears of widespread rioting on a Brexit deal. Projections for immigration into all European countries up to 2050 are frightening and will fuel the fire.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast