+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Threads

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    There goes my chance of a new television!

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Yes, that's the govt. line but it's not what the leaked NPoCC report said. Who decides who needs what and who gets what and where are these deliveries coming from and to and are the recipients standing in an orderly queue? They are planning for riots and there will be curfews enforced by armed troops and looters will be harshly dealt with. But all this may never come to pass.
    It's bloody frightening to think that this could happen.

The scare mongering that is going on is out of this world.
    A sandwich shortage, a cheese shortage and medical shortage amongst the romours that are doing the rounds.

It's quite incredible to think that the EU would force a country who they rely greatly for its security would allow this to happen.

The nutters already waiting to start are the danger. The enemy within society waiting to blame the system. Pole tax riots spring to mind.

At the risk of taking this further OT, Frog, nowt would surprise me.

In UK last week I enquired of the possibility of a scotch egg from the deli at Sainsburys. I was told they haven't had any for ages - 'it's to do with the CO2 shortages weeks ago'

And Aldi ran out of my favourite German beer this week and I had to drink a French brew and my red wine, 80 Acres from Australia is also no longer available. Can things get much worse?

Hmm I wonder which part of society will will get the priorities when rationing start?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Hmm I wonder which part of society will will get the priorities when rationing start?
    roly, you and I both know that the jokers who now make up our political class couldn't organise a system of rationing. They'll leave it to the market.

...that's what I'm worried about Monts...

Frankly, I'm astonished. And MM is NOT a football message board; it's a message board for football fans who (mostly) support RUFC. But as well as the Millers I'm also interested in how sickly is doing in NZ, sota, cam and CT in the US, frog and perigord in France, WanChai in HK and I'm also interested in my old stamping ground in Rotherham and EH in particular and the people like Brin and sota who lived nearby.

Sota/Monty, quick update on EH. My old home number 35 Lockwood Road was demolished many years ago along with number 33 due to landslip. That was further extended on many houses along Farnsworth Road up towards the snicket leading to the fields.

I've now been told that they have laid new foundations and are now rebuilding everything they demolished so there's still a lease of life for the old estate. Have to say though the ones still standing and the estate in general as gone way down the pan and nothing as clean as what it use to be.
    Last edited by Brin; 10-09-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Frankly, I'm astonished. And MM is NOT a football message board; it's a message board for football fans who (mostly) support RUFC. But as well as the Millers I'm also interested in how sickly is doing in NZ, sota, cam and CT in the US, frog and perigord in France, WanChai in HK and I'm also interested in my old stamping ground in Rotherham and EH in particular and the people like Brin and sota who lived nearby.

Sota/Monty, quick update on EH. My old home number 35 Lockwood Road was demolished many years ago along with number 33 due to landslip. That was further extended on many houses along Farnsworth Road up towards the snicket leading to the fields.

I've now been told that they have laid new foundations and are now rebuilding everything they demolished so there's still a lease of life for the old estate. Have to say though the ones still standing and the estate in general as gone way down the pan and nothing as clean as what it use to be.
    Brin, thanks for the update on EH. I had no idea about the demolitions. I was up Ridgeway last year. It all seemed a lot smaller than I remember. I think I know where you mean by the snicket but I always turned off Farnsworth and went down Cawthorne Road and along Cawthorne Close to the fields.

Thanks Brin. I had a walk around the estate a couple of years ago and it seemed better than I remembered it. Loads of houses look like they have been bought by the people in them and looked really nice.

I believe they are building on Greenfield Bankings, which is really sad as I have great memories of playing football on there for hours on end.... until it got too dark to see, or we got called in for tea lol

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast