+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Exeter City 8/9/18

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Midfield remains a big problem, no ball winner. And the front two aren’t holding the ball up, so we rarely pen a team back. Enzio can’t go past a man, either, and keeps losing possession.
    Enzio has been woeful,not just this game but the season in general. Then he does something like that. Is that enough for him to be picked to start each game? I do not know, but at least we have a goal back. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Yes, I agree, but you can not say anything about the midfield, as we have some great players there who are just perfect for this division, according to the majority
    Majority of who? Every fan I've heard from or read has said we're at least one midfielder short of being able to compete, comments like yours do my head in, not one person has said the midfield is perfect nevermind the majority. Infact you're just talking bollox, who says you can't say anything about the midfield? Serious snowflake alert.

Also why is this Hardys fault Warnock, he trusted Nolan to assemble a decent squad and has been left with a complete load of crap in midfield and defence.

The only consolation is there is a long way to go this season but yeah we're in a relegation battle already. Cheers Nolan.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Enzio has been woeful,not just this game but the season in general. Then he does something like that. Is that enough for him to be picked to start each game? I do not know, but at least we have a goal back. COYP
    If that happens regularly enough then maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    I'm afraid hardy has to take some of the blame , this is terrible
    How do you work that one out? His name is Alan Hardy not Hardy so deserves some respect.

He employed people to do a job and backed the manager 100% and got him everything he wanted.

It was not working so he’s quickly addressed this and done his best to make a change and sort it out as quickly as possible.

This is purely a footballing matter and it is not the owners job or remit to interfere in the football side of things.

I like Kevin Nolan, however as the manager at the time, and his staff at the club they are the ones who are responsible and accountable for the mess we find ourselves in.

Criticism of the owner the this instance of on the field affairs I feel is unfair and unjust.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    How do you work that one out? His name is Alan Hardy not Hardy so deserves some respect.

He employed people to do a job and backed the manager 100% and got him everything he wanted.

It was not working so he’s quickly addressed this and done his best to make a change and sort it out as quickly as possible.

This is purely a footballing matter and it is not the owners job or remit to interfere in the football side of things.

I like Kevin Nolan, however as the manager at the time, and his staff at the club they are the ones who are responsible and accountable for the mess we find ourselves in.

Criticism of the owner the this instance of on the field affairs I feel is unfair and unjust.
    "well said'

Banjo noone cheered louder than me when enzio hit that wonder strike!!! I am fully behind the team.lets hope that gives us the hope to turn this around in second half.hapoy to concede may have been hasty in my criticism of owner , just let frustration get the better of me

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    If that happens regularly enough then maybe...
    I think he's being played in the wrong way, as a part of a 4-4-2. He's not Steve Carter, he won't dribble past people. He needs space to run into and a rigid 4-4-2 puts the shackles on. I would ditch Thomas on the other side and add another man in midfield.

First half analysis:

Apart from a few minutes of madness (their two goals) it's not looked that bad. We really needed that goal and it was a good time to score it.

We're trying to do this 'perfect passing' game. Sometimes it works and we progress up the field but more than often it doesn't and we end up inviting pressure on ourselves which in turn, means we make mistakes.

Hewitt and Vaughan are too close together and there's no cohesion between the strikers. The defence got better after we leaked the two goals. Fitz looks nervous.

I'm watching on a match pass through iplayer.

Nolan has to take his share of the blame by saying we didn't need new defenders, he is being proved how wrong he was.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

Have to agree with you and Crazy fists on this. And the jury's still out on the recruitment, but as for preparing and managing our squad, we've been left in a right mess.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast