+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Kewells comments post match

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    The reason Kewell has chosen to defend them “publically” this being the key word unlike you, me or anyone else who critisicises the players on this board a public forum is basic man management. As I’ve said in other posts and threads it would do no good him coming on the radio and ripping them to shreds after that defeat and telling everyone how rubbish they were. He would lose the dressing room before he’s even started.

We don’t have to work with these players every day of the week or try to get them to play how we want and to our methods he does.

Have you seen the Dammed United where Clough goes in and tells the Leeds players to throw all their medals in the bin because they won them by cheating. It’s a similar scenario here. Harry Kewell would not get any respect from any of them.

I doubt over time and long term the under achievers will remain in the squad and Harry Kewell won’t allow them to. However for now and in the short term we may have to weather the storm and bare the pain because he can only work with what he has inherited. That is why he needs his players on side to try and salvage something from this titanic start to the season.

I am afraid that will go over Warnocks head.

If Notts were winning it wouldn't matter what Kewell says he could sing " waltzing Matilda" and most people wouldn't care if the results were better.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    If Notts were winning it wouldn't matter what Kewell says he could sing " waltzing Matilda" and most people wouldn't care if the results were better.
    No worries cos Hawwee sez he will sort it:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-notts-1985895

I don't understand Warnocks basic lack of a thought process regarding man management on this thread. You do not, after the first league game you take charge of, start publicly slagging the players off when you need them to buy into your methods and start to play with confidence not yet seen this season. If you were working somewhere and a new manager came in and started telling you that you were ****, would you work harder for them? No you'd think **** off you prick, you blatantly know nothing about interpersonal skills Warnock, try thinking next time before engaging your brain.

Let's just calm down and see where we are at the end of September, then October. It's utterly raving bonkers to start writing the season off in the first week of bl**dy September. The players are not useless at all but they certainly haven't clicked as a team. We have plenty of players that would walk into the majority of L2 teams. The madness on this board is entertaining sometimes but I guess that's why it's called 'Mad'.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    The players are not useless at all but they certainly haven't clicked as a team. We have plenty of players that would walk into the majority of L2 teams.
    You say that Mr SwalePie, but I notice you dropped the worst offenders in your suggested XI. No sign of Vaughn or Hewitt, even Dennis and Hemmings, and who can argue with that? (Yeah, I'm sure a few could).

As for those who sadly are not part of the first team plans going forwards, the best bet now is to tell them they're Pele and humour their ambitions to play professional football then sell them or give them away in January.

Thank you mad for responding in a very grown up manner and putting forward a counter theory to mine. I happen to agree with you and unlike some... Joe pass amongst them, who just throws personal insults at me, you have seen that I was trying to achieve an open and interesting debate.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I don't understand Warnocks basic lack of a thought process regarding man management on this thread. You do not, after the first league game you take charge of, start publicly slagging the players off when you need them to buy into your methods and start to play with confidence not yet seen this season. If you were working somewhere and a new manager came in and started telling you that you were ****, would you work harder for them? No you'd think **** off you prick, you blatantly know nothing about interpersonal skills Warnock, try thinking next time before engaging your brain.
    Yep. You're shyte you're shyte and you're really shyte . That should do the trick Warren. Oh, all of you are starting next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    Thank you mad for responding in a very grown up manner and putting forward a counter theory to mine. I happen to agree with you and unlike some... Joe pass amongst them, who just throws personal insults at me, you have seen that I was trying to achieve an open and interesting debate.
    Ahhh
    Some common sense there mr swale
    We are not in a good place at the moment
    But I Honestly believe we will get ourselves out of this sticky patch
    A new goalkeeper and a monster in the middle of the park is definatly needed
    The rest will come together

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Let's just calm down and see where we are at the end of September, then October. It's utterly raving bonkers to start writing the season off in the first week of bl**dy September. The players are not useless at all but they certainly haven't clicked as a team. We have plenty of players that would walk into the majority of L2 teams. The madness on this board is entertaining sometimes but I guess that's why it's called 'Mad'.
    Yep

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast