+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: You All Knew It Was Coming Didn't Ya ??

You All Knew It Was Coming Didn't Ya ??

Seen a hundred of them games in my time , your just waiting for the inevitable and it duly arrived on 88 minutes .

Miss the kind of chances we did in the second half and that's what you get .

Some horrendous finishing , shameful in fact , the goal we did score had an element of fortune about it too .

Crying out for some width in that side and someone who can cross a ball effectively , I'm sorry but Thiam is pants , bloody awful football player , had a day in the sun against Oxford and you think somethings clicked and he'll kick on , instead he's gone backwards , had his chance in the second half , all he needed was a touch and a bit of composure and it's 2-0 and game over .

The less said about McGeehan the better , good to see Stendel bin him at half time , needed doing .

Credit to Walsall , stuck at it , rode their luck but always looked dangerous on the counter , best side to have visited Oakwell this season in my opinion .

Plenty of improvement needed Herr Daniel , get some bloody width in the team man .

Jus back home in Wakey - wet, frustrating afternoon out at Oakwell, we were poor IMO

Haven't been today, but here I am sat at work occasionally checking the score on the BBC website and even I knew it was coming!!!
    After watching us nearly throw away the win against Gillingham I was thinking Warsaw are clearly a better team so they will score if we panic like we did last week?
    Like Animal says seen hundreds of games like this where we concede late on it's like panic sets in with 5 minutes to go?????
    Winkler and Stendel say attacking helps us defend so surely with 5 minutes to go we should go 443 and go hell for leather to score again!! We are getting caught out anyway so why not?
    We clearly have to be at least 2 goals clear to stop the panic?

Im not sure what we were meant to expect from McGeehan because he'd originally done well with Luton, but that was in Lg Two at the time wasn't it. I wonder what Scunny thought about him during his loan there last season, Im guessing they weren't braying on our door in the summer to sign him on a permanent!.

Dougall was a big miss today , the kids a class act , Potts too with his drive .

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Haven't been today, but here I am sat at work occasionally checking the score on the BBC website and even I knew it was coming!!!
    After watching us nearly throw away the win against Gillingham I was thinking Warsaw are clearly a better team so they will score if we panic like we did last week?
    Like Animal says seen hundreds of games like this where we concede late on it's like panic sets in with 5 minutes to go?????
    Winkler and Stendel say attacking helps us defend so surely with 5 minutes to go we should go 443 and go hell for leather to score again!! We are getting caught out anyway so why not?
    We clearly have to be at least 2 goals clear to stop the panic?
    Amazed they didn't use the bench today other than at half time , very strange .

Isgrove or young Brown should have come on for Moncur possibly .

Well , I thought Mcgeecan had a good 45 mins , Lindsey and Pinnock were poor , Bahre looked very efficient and rarely wasted a ball , we have the best 2 fullbacks in Cavare and Pinillos ( my MOM ) Big Vic did well when he came on , not too dissapointed with a draw , but woeful finishing from many , another poor Ref , blatant penalty on Bahre I think ? Should have been a comfortable victory , in the end we were lucky enough to draw , some credit to the visitors , i think many more teams will use similar tactics at Oakwell this season ? Summat for Daniel and his team to work out,
    still unbeaten , Forza di Reds UTFLWG

Our midfield had had its guts ripped out with Dougall and Potts missing this afternoon.
    When we get Curley Woodrow up and running and this kid Bahre aclimateised to our play them I carn't see anyone beating us in this league

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Dougall was a big miss today , the kids a class act , Potts too with his drive .
    In a post last season I said that Potts would our key man this time... And I’m sure of it..

I’ll dig the post out