+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This may sound strange but desperate needs call for desperate measures!

This may sound strange but desperate needs call for desperate measures!

This may sound strange but desperate needs call for desperate measures! - "Please hear me out" - I feel that the 1st team squad and management would really benefit from a break away from normal routine, if it was possible to take them all over to Spain for 5 days to train and get a little relaxation, it may just gel the players together and then come back and start afresh. I know many will say that "why should you reward that shower of ****" but sometimes a different management technique works wonders. Is it worth a try? - wouldn't cost the earth and certainly wouldn't do any harm.

If they were showing any commitment or passion, then maybe, in my opinion, you have a point, but my view is that until they show any of those traits, then I wouldn't even take them on a day trip to Skeggy

I think there is a reluctance to admit that many (the majority?) of our players are p155 poor.

If you pay a lot of money for a player, it does not mean that they are good - it simply means you paid a lot of money for a player!

We seem to have an ultra motley crew of: the grossly over-rated, journeymen, has-beens, never-wasers, & a few promising but hopelessly naive youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    I think there is a reluctance to admit that many (the majority?) of our players are p155 poor.

If you pay a lot of money for a player, it does not mean that they are good - it simply means you paid a lot of money for a player!

We seem to have an ultra motley crew of: the grossly over-rated, journeymen, has-beens, never-wasers, & a few promising but hopelessly naive youngsters.
    100% agree

Imagine if you were a successful director of a company (any company) and had hired a manager to supervise your let's say 25 staff members and then discovered that all the staff were up to no good and the manager was resting on his laurels, what would you do? In my time I would have given them all a warning and then sacked them if they didn't change their ways. Further, if they were footballers I would be asking them to pay fans to attend matches and not sending them to Spain. The odds are that tonight most of these players will be out on the town and the last thing they will be thinking about is us fans. At the same time, the fans will be worrying about what's going to happen next and whether or not these charlatans will bring the club down. These "footballers" do not deserve any sympathy at all so let's not kid ourselves - the facts speak for themselves. Personally, I would not have hired either Nolan or Kewell but if I were the chairman right now, I would give Kewell a very short time schedule to turn things round, maybe a month, because bad performances, excuses, talking the talk and not delivering, does not pay bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    If they were showing any commitment or passion, then maybe, in my opinion, you have a point, but my view is that until they show any of those traits, then I wouldn't even take them on a day trip to Skeggy

If they go to Skeggy we can bring back some donkeys off the beach to replace our defenders.

Nah, never reward poor/inappropriate behaviour. Losing 5-1 is reasonably poor, IMHAHO.

Well l would not pay this shower in washers they area disgrace to the shirt, some of the worst l have seen in my 68 years of support.
    No Pride, Passion or Commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    Imagine if you were a successful director of a company (any company) and had hired a manager to supervise your let's say 25 staff members and then discovered that all the staff were up to no good and the manager was resting on his laurels, what would you do? In my time I would have given them all a warning and then sacked them if they didn't change their ways. Further, if they were footballers I would be asking them to pay fans to attend matches and not sending them to Spain. The odds are that tonight most of these players will be out on the town and the last thing they will be thinking about is us fans. At the same time, the fans will be worrying about what's going to happen next and whether or not these charlatans will bring the club down. These "footballers" do not deserve any sympathy at all so let's not kid ourselves - the facts speak for themselves. Personally, I would not have hired either Nolan or Kewell but if I were the chairman right now, I would give Kewell a very short time schedule to turn things round, maybe a month, because bad performances, excuses, talking the talk and not delivering, does not pay bills.
    I was the director of a very successful company. Indo know I'm talking about, you don't

That is definitely out-of-the-box thinking. I’d offer another suggestion: Thanks to all of the money we’ve saved over the past eight months with our string of poor results, we can double the players’ win bonuses.

I’ve just had the dog walk ruined by thinking about Notts’ deficiencies. These were the random thoughts/images that came up...

1 Before kick-off last week, FGR did that old “players in a huddle” thing while our players stood around waiting for the game to start. I normally view that kind of thing as codswallop, but have to concede - much like our defence - that they then played like a team against our bunch of individuals. It’s the same every week. Maybe don’t send them to Spain, but some team-bonding is definitely needed. Maybe a round of golf at a certain golf club?

2 Three of Exeter’s goals today came from corners, two of them to the back post. Our corners rarely beat the first man, no matter who took them. I’ve seen blind drivers take better corners than our lot.

3 How many times have our forwards received a decent pass to run onto in the penalty area like Stockley got twice today? Our wingers rarely get beyond defenders to put the ball across the box. The front four usually seem to get the ball with their back to goal, usually losing it because they don’t have the strength to hold the ball up. I thought we were getting quicker players this season, but we never get beyond defences.

4 Image of the day: A dejected Alan Hardy as HK came to join him in the stands. HK wisely elected to stay standing rather than asking him to budge up.

5 There’s an Exeter fan who every week bets on them to win 4-1. A penny for his thoughts when Wade Elliot made a half-hearted effort to clear the ball and we conceded a fifth in stoppage time.

6 It would be fair to say that Father Time has caught up with David Vaughan. Actually, Grandfather Time could probably catch him now. David, do the decent thing and retire before the angry mob comes after you with torches and pitchforks. Trust me, you will not be able to outrun them.

7 Four cameras on iFollow today, yet they still couldn’t manage to provide a bleddy commentary. A message to both iFollow and Notts’ players - let’s try and get the basics right next week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast