+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starting eleven

With the current lot we pretty much have to play 5 in the middle, otherwise we'll get cut open.

When everyone's fit, I'd go for:

Fitz
    Tootle, Hall, ward, Kellet
    Enzio, Hewitt, Vaughan, milsom, allesandra
    Hemmings

Sort of a 433 when attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    With the current lot we pretty much have to play 5 in the middle, otherwise we'll get cut open.

When everyone's fit, I'd go for:

Fitz
    Tootle, Hall, ward, Kellet
    Enzio, Hewitt, Vaughan, milsom, allesandra
    Hemmings

Sort of a 433 when attacking.
    Much as it goes against my nature, I can't really argue with that. I have always been against a lone striker in a home game, but desperate times need desperate measures. We are so weak in midfield and at the back that sacrifices have to be made, and just now a striker is the obvious sacrifice, especially when our new strikers don't seem to be anywhere close to striking. We are at the stage where we have to initially grind out a boring 0-0 draw and then build from there.

Yes, a point anyhow we can squeeze it is so valuable.
    A first for me but I really feel for AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Much as it goes against my nature, I can't really argue with that. I have always been against a lone striker in a home game, but desperate times need desperate measures. We are so weak in midfield and at the back that sacrifices have to be made, and just now a striker is the obvious sacrifice, especially when our new strikers don't seem to be anywhere close to striking. We are at the stage where we have to initially grind out a boring 0-0 draw and then build from there.
    Absolutely. A player like Dennis is a luxury we can't afford when shipping goals every game. I went for hemmings as he works hard and is a physical presence. We need players that will work hard. No passengers. Saturday is massive!

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Absolutely. A player like Dennis is a luxury we can't afford when shipping goals every game. I went for hemmings as he works hard and is a physical presence. We need players that will work hard. No passengers. Saturday is massive!
    It looks like Kewellio is trying to adapt the players we have, to fit the formation and tactics he likes to use, (which seems to be a 4-4-2). Rather than adapting tactics and formation to get some results. Shutting up shop, parking the bus and getting a few points on the board would be most managers reaction, (and mine). What worries me is if we get to P10 D1 L9, Kewell was not most fans choice and I can see it kicking off Fullasheite style, sadly. Let's hope Harty has plenty of influence.

My 11, once current crop are all fit would be -

Fitz , actually played ok last match, went right way for penalties and stopped it being worse.
    Hall and Bird in centre as have showed promise and played together.
    Tootle at right , best defender we have.
    Kellet left , yet to be convinced but better than Jones.
    4 across middle, Hewitt, Milsom, enzio, allesandro
    Campbell up top playing off Stead.

Bench - hemmings, dennis, ward, Vaughn,3 youngsters

442 Diamond..only formation that offers balance.

........................Fitz
    Tootle.....Brisley...Ward.....Jones
    .....................Milsom
    .........Hewitt................Kellet
    .....................Vaughan
    ............Hemmings..Enzio

I'm afraid selecting a Notts side at the moment takes me back to my school days when captains were picking their sides, your last few picks were the 'unwanted' - the tubby lad, the lad who'd rather be doing cookery, the lad who didn't have a kit wearing the school issue plimsoles, the lad who's wealthy parents bought him the latest kit but was useless etc. Sadly and unfortunately for Kewell these lads are among his first picks !!

I was one who thought Dennis would be an excellent signing. A 20+ a season goalscorer in a relegated team, what could he do in a successful team. What's happened ? How have we destroyed him ? Perhaps he was injured and not yet back to fitness, but more obvious is the total lack of ability in our midfield to create anything. It's been our biggest failing for many years, lack of midfield creators.

I don't like to be personal or brutal because I'm sure the Notts players put a lot of work in to their professions but several aren't showing the required ability even at League 2 level. I watch Worksop Town at tier 9 regularly and the likes of Hewitt, Hawkridge, Jones, Duffy, Alessandro wouldn't currently stand out there, perhaps only on professional fitness.

Good luck Harry with your Stevenage team. Hope there's 11 shiny new rabbits in your hat !!

HK will put the players through an intensive training & fitness routine all this week which we shall see the results of on Saturday. Have a little faith.

Notts County 3 - 1 Stevenage

COYP's

Quote Originally Posted by Dinno_Pie View Post
    the tubby lad, the lad who'd rather be doing cookery, the lad who didn't have a kit wearing the school issue plimsoles, ....
    School issue plimsolls? We had to buy our own bl**dy plimsolls! Youth of today don't know they're born

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast