+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting eleven

Starting eleven

We've all seen how bad we are and many have said so and so should never play again, chuck the youth team players in and suchlike but can we actually mackle a starting eleven together that has a strong enough spine to compete?
    We don't really have a target man, goalkeeping cover , combative midfield or LB cover for the woefully out of form Jones.
    I don't think we can play two wingers and don't think that Hemmings and Dennis will work as a pair. Tootle is injured .
    Anyway, it's easy to moan so here's my best effort at a team not just for the next match but for a few matches as we need continuity.

Fitz ( who else? Wouldn't have blamed him for any of the five yesterday)
    Oxlade, Brisley, Ward, ??? Big problem, Kellet reluctantly
    Boudwijn, Hewitt, Milsom Allessandra ,Hemmings
    Stead

For all the attacking players in the squad we don't actually score many.
    We've conceded 3,4,3,3,3,5 consecutively in the league another 3 at Middlesbrough. It's killing us. I don't like one up but if we don't pack the midfield it's going to carry on.
    Never seen us this weak or imbalanced , the Trust years we had some right rammel but at least they put a shift in and competed and you couldn't ask more of most of them. This lot aren't taking personal responsibility they're hopeless, they play without belief in each other or professional pride in themselves.
    Any better starting eleven or formations ? Can't believe there is nothing better than Stead up front alone or the tiny Kellet at LB. Maybe Bird could have a go.
    Yours in exasperation.

I'd not bother with Hewitt. I know he's played out of position etc., but even when he does play centre mid, without Ryan Yates alongside him, he just looks out of his depth. He rarely puts a tackle in, instead choosing to back off and I don't think he reads the game as he's never in position to compete for second balls, which for me is one of the biggest issues we have currently.

I'd rather have Milsom and Husin

Whichever way you shuffle the pack still a losing hand I'm afraid. Every time. And you can't just clear out the dross and replace them. You could try and teach them the value of being a winner or write to Kewell and or Hardy and tell them how deeply disappointed you feel. Only a second class stamp. Will it change things? Nope. Will it make you feel better? Too right it will.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    We've all seen how bad we are and many have said so and so should never play again, chuck the youth team players in and suchlike but can we actually mackle a starting eleven together that has a strong enough spine to compete?
    We don't really have a target man, goalkeeping cover , combative midfield or LB cover for the woefully out of form Jones.
    I don't think we can play two wingers and don't think that Hemmings and Dennis will work as a pair. Tootle is injured .
    Anyway, it's easy to moan so here's my best effort at a team not just for the next match but for a few matches as we need continuity.

Fitz ( who else? Wouldn't have blamed him for any of the five yesterday)
    Oxlade, Brisley, Ward, ??? Big problem, Kellet reluctantly
    Boudwijn, Hewitt, Milsom Allessandra ,Hemmings
    Stead

For all the attacking players in the squad we don't actually score many.
    We've conceded 3,4,3,3,3,5 consecutively in the league another 3 at Middlesbrough. It's killing us. I don't like one up but if we don't pack the midfield it's going to carry on.
    Never seen us this weak or imbalanced , the Trust years we had some right rammel but at least they put a shift in and competed and you couldn't ask more of most of them. This lot aren't taking personal responsibility they're hopeless, they play without belief in each other or professional pride in themselves.
    Any better starting eleven or formations ? Can't believe there is nothing better than Stead up front alone or the tiny Kellet at LB. Maybe Bird could have a go.
    Yours in exasperation.
    I still think 4-4-2.
    Fitz
    Toots, Brisley/ Hall when fit, Ward, Kellet
    Allessandra, Husin, Milsom, Hawk
    Stead, Campbell

I have included the wingers on the basis that they track back more and help cover the full backs more than Boudwijn and Thomas ever would. I do not believe that Hemmings would be a good choice as a winger, so I would have him on the bench.
    I would actually consider playing Boudwijn up front alongside Stead for his pace and he can score goals.
    The midfield is the weak point, so that is why I would have Milsom as the ball winner and Husin as the playmaker (if he can repeat last seasons form) or if he still fails, then I would swap him for Crawford or Patching.
    The defence is still a worry, but thank god Duffy is out. I do think that with more support from the midfield then the back 4 wouldn't look so bad and we can stop giving goals away.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Whichever way you shuffle the pack still a losing hand I'm afraid. Every time. And you can't just clear out the dross and replace them. You could try and teach them the value of being a winner or write to Kewell and or Hardy and tell them how deeply disappointed you feel. Only a second class stamp. Will it change things? Nope. Will it make you feel better? Too right it will.

new keeper

Toots Hall Ward Kellet

Enzio Milsom new player Allesandra

Stead new player.

We need a tough tackling, no nonsense midfielder and a forward who can at least hold the ball up. New keeper of course and possible cover for the fullbacks.

Emitov

Tootle Hall Ward Kellet

Hawkridge Milsom Patching ( Henry ) Enzio

Stead

Campbell
    Last edited by arnapie; 09-09-2018 at 08:56 AM.

If we stick with 4-4-2, we keep getting hammered, especially away from home.

Needs must. We cannot continue to play with two strikers with the current midfield options, because no combination of those midfield options is strong enough to protect the defence. We have to sacrifice a striker to put an extra body in the middle of the park, and then hope that those midfielders do their job properly. Normally I would always favour two strikers, but I will say that Boldewijn, Dennis and Thomas all have decent scoring records, so three up front could work better now than it would have done with different, less potent personnel in the past.

Fitzsimons

Tootle, Hall, Ward, Jones

Hewitt, Vaughan, Milsom

Boldewijn, Dennis, Thomas

I could easily accept Kellett rather than Jones at left back, but I haven't seen him play there yet so I don't know how good he is. The main thing is to make the midfield robust and defensively-minded enough to cover the defensive deficiencies of a player like Jones, but retain his attacking threat, because on his day he can be good going forward.
    Last edited by jackal2; 09-09-2018 at 09:25 AM.

I didn't expect miracles, and not even a "new manager bounce" (you tend to get those when it's the players that have orchestrated the last manager's departure, and our lot were apparently "gutted" when Nolan was rumbled). It's obvious we've got massive systemic problems that it will take HK a while to get to grips with even if he turns out to be the manager we hope we will be. What surprised me was to see Milsom at left back, when one of the main problems is so obviously a soft midfield. No-one on MAD ever suggested such a thing. I guess that's why we're none of us managing teams in the EFL...

Kewell now has a clear week in which to get to know his squad better and decide who’s up for a battle and who’s lost confidence and doesn’t really have their heart in it at the moment. Players from the former group will be the ones selected to start - even if they are less naturally gifted than some who are left out.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    new keeper

Toots Hall Ward Kellet

Enzio Milsom new player Allesandra

Stead new player.

We need a tough tackling, no nonsense midfielder and a forward who can at least hold the ball up. New keeper of course and possible cover for the fullbacks.
    I would keep most of that but I don't think 4-4-2 is the answer. However, as you can't teach an old dog new tricks overnight, keep 4-4-2 but without orthodox wingers who never beat their man anyway. These ****s are not Carter and Scanlon. So push Enzio up front with Stead, which may work as at least he has pace and a shot on him.

new keeper

Toots Hall Ward Kellett

Husin BEAST 1 BEAST 2 Milsom

Stead Enzio.

Then you just need a new keeper and two beasts. They won't be easy to source out of the dregs of the free agents, but Henry is one. Maybe he's asked too much money.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast