+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dobbie for Scotland?

Dobbie for Scotland?

I was listening to tam cowans show after yesterdays game and he was shouting about giving our saviour a run out in the national side to see what he can do. Initialy i thought this was crazy but after a moment I thought why not? Scotland can't buy a goal at the moment and although 35 years of age the great man seems to be getting better. Everywhere he has went he has scored goals and he's on fire at the moment. Yes he is playing against lesser players but he has still bagged 20 goals this season, a rate that most strikers would be happy with after a whole season and we are just into September. That got me changing my mind to - why not give him a cap and see what he can do on the international front. It can't do any harm considering where we are with Scotland. Anyone any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    I was listening to tam cowans show after yesterdays game and he was shouting about giving our saviour a run out in the national side to see what he can do. Initialy i thought this was crazy but after a moment I thought why not? Scotland can't buy a goal at the moment and although 35 years of age the great man seems to be getting better. Everywhere he has went he has scored goals and he's on fire at the moment. Yes he is playing against lesser players but he has still bagged 20 goals this season, a rate that most strikers would be happy with after a whole season and we are just into September. That got me changing my mind to - why not give him a cap and see what he can do on the international front. It can't do any harm considering where we are with Scotland. Anyone any thoughts?
    Should have been capped in the promotion season with Swansea when he was absolutely outstanding at Championship level. Sadly he isn`t 6ft 6 and runs about like a dafty so "Avril" Levein wasn`t interested. Won`t happen now.

I actually asked Dobbie this question at Ibrox at Lyle's testimonial dinner and reckoned his time for International recognition has ended.

The media outlets have been going on about Dobbie for Scotland pretty much since his return to Queens.

Dobbie could play at international level no problem. Getting better with age and a natural finisher. He is by a mile the hottest striker in Scottish football.

I am going to chuck Callum Semple name into the mix for an Under 21s call. At only 19 years old he is head and shoulders a better prospect than Harvie at Ayr who has just had a call up. Scottish parents. Maybe playing for Sheffield Utd means it won’t happen.

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Was wondering if any Scottish player outside the top league in Scotland has ever been capped

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Was wondering if any Scottish player outside the top league in Scotland has ever been capped
    Iam sure Lee Wallace (sevco) got picked a few years ago but I might be wrong

While discussing Scotland with his cohorts on Sportsound yesterday Richard Gordon also asked "Are we too late to call up Stephen Dobbie for Scotland"

They say football is all about confidence and current form but it might be too big a leap in class. Maybe if he came on as sub for last 20 minutes with big Dykes to set him up! Would be a big honour for Queens and Dobbie if he was selected. He's already brought a lot of good publicity to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    Dobbie could play at international level no problem. Getting better with age and a natural finisher. He is by a mile the hottest striker in Scottish football.

I am going to chuck Callum Semple name into the mix for an Under 21s call. At only 19 years old he is head and shoulders a better prospect than Harvie at Ayr who has just had a call up. Scottish parents. Maybe playing for Sheffield Utd means it won’t happen.
    Am I reading this properly ? Is Semple eligible for Scotland ?

I sat next to Callum Semples dad at Stenhousemuir this season. His family travel up from Sheffield for every game.

He is from Lanark. Callum born in Sheffield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)