+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When England Face Top Notch Opposition

I was at the game on Saturday so didn't have the advantage of seeing the tv close up stuff and the analysis. What I did benefit from was the view of what happened off the ball not necessarily seen on tv. My view is this, we had too many non performers Alli not worth his place absolutely anonymous, I don't want to get involved attitude, Shaw rash diving in losing his man but great ball for the goal, Gomez positionally poor not finding the angle to receive a pass that is essential in Southgates plan, gave the ball away easily, Kane received no service but compared to the Spanish front players had no idea how to get himself involved in general play and Henderson? Probably the best we have when compared to Dier but what a fecking carthorse. Need to find 2 alternatives. As for Southgate, his forced sub was Shaw going down but at 1-2 he tries to change the game by swapping Hendo for Dier then brings on a striker with little time left. Not impressed but bad luck with the disallowed goal from what I saw.

Got lucky in the world cup and will get found out by the better teams as proven by the last 3 matches. Got to sympathise a bit with Gareth, he tries to play a game that might win us something one day but the players go back to the greed league and play a different style. That's why we get turned over in the champions league because our football is predictable and naive.

Got money to burn in UK premier league but focus on domestic football and not the big picture of winning in Europe. Nowt will change any time soon in my opinion.

Rant over!

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I was at the game on Saturday so didn't have the advantage of seeing the tv close up stuff and the analysis. What I did benefit from was the view of what happened off the ball not necessarily seen on tv. My view is this, we had too many non performers Alli not worth his place absolutely anonymous, I don't want to get involved attitude, Shaw rash diving in losing his man but great ball for the goal, Gomez positionally poor not finding the angle to receive a pass that is essential in Southgates plan, gave the ball away easily, Kane received no service but compared to the Spanish front players had no idea how to get himself involved in general play and Henderson? Probably the best we have when compared to Dier but what a fecking carthorse. Need to find 2 alternatives. As for Southgate, his forced sub was Shaw going down but at 1-2 he tries to change the game by swapping Hendo for Dier then brings on a striker with little time left. Not impressed but bad luck with the disallowed goal from what I saw.

Got lucky in the world cup and will get found out by the better teams as proven by the last 3 matches. Got to sympathise a bit with Gareth, he tries to play a game that might win us something one day but the players go back to the greed league and play a different style. That's why we get turned over in the champions league because our football is predictable and naive.

Got money to burn in UK premier league but focus on domestic football and not the big picture of winning in Europe. Nowt will change any time soon in my opinion.

Rant over!

Great post ethel , nailed it in one mate .

Let’s be honest after tonight’s game we are on a par with Switzerland! No better no worse, The top teams would have beat them 3 or 4 Nil tonight and that is the gap we have to close, which won’t be for a very long time if ever.

That first heyf wo the biggest crock of sh1te I've seen forra long time at international level. I switched ovva to watch "Indoor League" wi Fred Trueman ( pipe and cardigan--Ey Up, Al Si Thi ) at heyf eyt on an obscure Sky Channel. The Shuv A'Penny Final was won by a lad from Durham.
    Second Heyf average. What izzit wi these young black lads (not racist, they are young and black but not as gifted as they think they are--basis forra song?) who think they are Billy Big Bollox and just strut ararnd after a 10 yard square or backward pass ? Play art from the back ? We ent the technical skills to do. Made me laugh when the increasingly irritating Martin Tyler was horrified that a hoof from the back from Maguire created our best chance.
    The biggest load of sh1te since sh1te was shovelled in Sh1tesville.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 12-09-2018 at 07:28 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123