+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next 5 games

Anything looks like it can happen this season, if you'd have told me we'd beat Queens & Partick after that performance against Dunfermline I'd have said you're mental.
    It's a boring predictable saying but let's just take one game at a time and see how we get on with Morton before jumping 5 or 6 more games down the line.

I think United will actually win most of these games - not really expecting much from either Ayr or Falkirk - they will both finish in the bottom half of the league, along with Alloa.

But any slip ups could prove costly.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    I think United will actually win most of these games - not really expecting much from either Ayr or Falkirk - they will both finish in the bottom half of the league, along with Alloa.

But any slip ups could prove costly.
    It's who is going to go down is the unanswered question.
    It may not be Alloa or Ayr.
    And then that leaves Falkirk, QotS & Morton as vulnerable.
    Assuming that us, County, ICT, Partick & Pars will be in the top half.
    Interesting league. Abody beating abody.
    Biggest bore is the bottom 4 in the big league where Fun, Accies, Livi & St Mirren will be locked in a scintillating Battle of the Bottom.
    Going up, going down....

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Could you maybe do a forecast for the next 32 games?
    So we'll at least know when we'll be officially relegated.
    Save us the bother of going along.

If the target is 6 wins from nine, or it's curtains then i'd be very confident in betting my left ball Csaba won't make it to game ten.

I'd put money on us v Morton and Falkirk and I wouldn't be scared of going to Ayr, but the Wickerman teams will boss and bully us.

We shouldn’t underestimate Morton, have a decent team and the luck of getting rid of Ray, they’ll fancy their chances of a result on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    As far as i understand, Neilson initially worked very well under Levein. He was then given some space and started making mistakes and was becoming less receptive to Leveins direction and wanted to go on his own. Cathro on the other hand was his own man from the start with Levein staying up stairs. This only led to Levein back on the bench when Cathro was found out and wouldnt listen to anyone who was trying to help.

As for ruling out those managers, well we wouldnt have to as they have all found their clubs, and only one of them would do better in England than they did before.
    I don't know anything about the Neilson/Levein situation that I can honestly say is truth but if what u say is true and he was becoming less receptive and making mistakes because he was wanting to be his own man, then it certainly didn't show on the park. They were 2nd in the Premiership when he left and not just after a few games, December. That's some feat for a club coming up from The Championship the season before.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I don't know anything about the Neilson/Levein situation that I can honestly say is truth but if what u say is true and he was becoming less receptive and making mistakes because he was wanting to be his own man, then it certainly didn't show on the park. They were 2nd in the Premiership when he left and not just after a few games, December. That's some feat for a club coming up from The Championship the season before.
    I got that from the one and only Heats supporter that i know, but there was bits in the press as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post

Spot on, convenient to say it was down to Levein, nonsense

Not going to look as far as 5, just the next 2. For me these are both must win games if we're going to be serious contenders. Dropping more points in these 2 would likely see us falling further behind, we can't afford that, we've got to be putting pressure on the top of the league right now, not playing catchup when we're way behind.

They're both games we should be favourites to win, they're both games we need to win.

I think 5 games is fair to look at given the importance of 18 pts a quarter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)