+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Next 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    18 pts a quarter is the target from the board going by a meeting with MM, this group of games which take us into mid October may well decide the fate of Csaba

We have 7 pts from 4 games so far

11 pts required from the next 5 games (3 wins/2 draws or 4 wins)

Those fixtures... and how I think we will fair under Coco Laszlo

Morton (h)
    their new managers first game, Ray left a decent side - United win (reckon we will edge it)

Falkirk (a)
    Ray's first league game in charge - Falkirk win (no confidence we will overcome these factors)

Ross County (h)
    Few ex players in their side and overall look strong - Draw (we grab a point)

Ayr Utd (a)
    Ayr strong at home, free scoring and will get back on track here - Ayr win (probably by more than one goal margin)

Inverness (h)
    Inverness another tough cookie who will come and dictate the play - ICT win (1-0 or 2-1)

Leave us with 12 pts from the first quarter (9 games), well off the pace required and probably around 4/5th

Ayr/ICT to be Csaba's last in charge, with all not yet lost for a decent manager like Neilson or Houston to improve us drastically with common sense, desire and belief
    Well we didn't get the win

8 pts from 4 games

10 pts required from the next 4 games (3 wins/1 draw or 4 wins)

Will it be 8, 9 or 11 pts from 6 games at 5pm tomorrow?

A defeat makes 18 pts from first quarter unattainable

If I was a betting man I'd put my money on a home win for McKinnon's Falkirk in his first home league game, which would all but mean Csaba would have failed to beat McKinnon sides in back to back weeks

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Will it be 8, 9 or 11 pts from 6 games at 5pm tomorrow?

A defeat makes 18 pts from first quarter unattainable

If I was a betting man I'd put my money on a home win for McKinnon's Falkirk in his first home league game, which would all but mean Csaba would have failed to beat McKinnon sides in back to back weeks
    Morton and Falkirk were must win games. We didn't beat Morton. He needs to go.

I'm predicting a 2-0 win tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Even if we win tomorrow it'll be 4 points from 6 where we should have all 6 if we have any serious designs on taking the league from the front. Sorry Frank, the pattern is there already. I respect your opinion but this manager will have us in the play offs at best. That's not because we have poor players, but because he can't set them up to be aggressive and win from minute one.

Hope so. Any win will do.

A cleansheet? 😲

I make it 9 competitive games so far with one cleansheet away to 4th tier Elgin, albeit Partick should have been one

In total 3 cleansheets in Laszlo's 14 championship away games, one was Morton away when he first took over, another at Dunfermline the week after 6-1 in Falkirk and the 5-0 at already relegated Brechin

Not sure why but i'm predicting you will be wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Even if we win tomorrow it'll be 4 points from 6 where we should have all 6 if we have any serious designs on taking the league from the front. Sorry Frank, the pattern is there already. I respect your opinion but this manager will have us in the play offs at best. That's not because we have poor players, but because he can't set them up to be aggressive and win from minute one.
    Patterns don't dictate the outcome of a season.

Results can fluctuate for any team.

Including us. Time will tell.

Its the worst Falkirk team in many a year,we are heavy favs with the bookies,we should win but our manager dictates that i cannot risk betting a penny on United.We must be the hardest team in the country for the odds layers to predict.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)