+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Next 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    No worries.

Fair enough to say that Laszlo has bought some time with the unbeaten run and win on Sat.

Would be a hard thing to sack a manager after a draw on Sat and therefore on a 6 match unbeaten run.

I think we will win 2-1 bit that's a gut feeling.

I also think he shouldn't be sacked with a defeat either.
    I'd agree, no P45 if defeated. But then the pressure is really on depending on the other results. If we start to lose ground and show no signs of making it up that's the time I would change it. Assuming we have the cash which is a big if

I'm right in saying two defeats in the bounce did for McKinnon?

I reckon three on the bounce might do for Laszlo.

I'm right in saying two defeats in the bounce did for McKinnon?

I reckon three on the bounce might do for Laszlo.
    I've no idea what's going through MM's mind, not even sure if change is on his mind at all.

These things are always under review but I expect it will take 3 defeats on the spin before a change is likely.

5 unbeaten now. I think we could go forward off the back of this.

These things are always under review but I expect it will take 3 defeats on the spin before a change is likely.

5 unbeaten now. I think we could go forward off the back of this.
    We all hope so. I just think a win Saturday is v ital, not just because of the 3 points, because of the marker it would put down to County and Inverness. A draw and we're not out of it, but a win says everything about our intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Thing is Chick they do. As in you can vent and people will agree or not agree but right now there's no nastiness like there was at the time of Jackie Mac etc. I think it's a pretty well balanced board. Sometimes it gets a wee bit heated but that's not always a bad thing as long as people aren't abusive etc [ps give Loemba a break by the way!!]
    I didnt see any of that, but i had heard about it. The lad that told me about it was willing to give Sackie a chance while i was singing with the choir at St Jonhstone!

And dont get me wrong about Loemba as i think there is a league winning player in there, its just on Saturday i looked beyond the little tricks and thought he was a 10 minute either end of the game player. A goal or 2 and some assists will bring him out a bit, but he needs someone like Safranko to look after him, and Shabba to lay off.

If you want to win the league then 3 points is huge.

Of course, playoffs can no longer be discounted what with the differences between ST Mirren and Livingston in the top league.

Going up as champs is possibly no substitute for going up with momentum and players with the right attitude.

I hope we are both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I didnt see any of that, but i had heard about it. The lad that told me about it was willing to give Sackie a chance while i was singing with the choir at St Jonhstone!

And dont get me wrong about Loemba as i think there is a league winning player in there, its just on Saturday i looked beyond the little tricks and thought he was a 10 minute either end of the game player. A goal or 2 and some assists will bring him out a bit, but he needs someone like Safranko to look after him, and Shabba to lay off.
    Csaba was telling Loemba to stop being so hard on himself apparently and offering encouragement and not scorn.

Loemba assisted (put the cross in) for our secund goal on Saturday.

Csaba was telling Loemba to stop being so hard on himself apparently and offering encouragement and not scorn.
    Do you know that for sure? I have listened to the highlights commentary and Shabbas arabzone interview and i have my doubts.

At the end of the day, their keeper did well and it was a Falkirk defender that got back on the line and prevented the goal.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)