+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Next 5 games

You'd sack him if it's a draw on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    That's not what I said and you know it Frank! For the avoidance of doubt I would have sacked him after the playoffs. But we are where we are and we have to deal with that whether we (the doubters) like it or not.

What I was saying is that to get to the top of the league early - which I believe is crucial - these are the games at home we should be winning. Hence a must win game imo

Playing catch up throughout the season with leaders 4/6/8 ahead of you is a lot of pressure. Being at the top takes that pressure away

If Csaba wins the league outright I for one will be over the f ucking moon by the way! Just please, no play offs.

Funnily enough, i would not have him sacked if he gets a draw on Saturday, but that means we need 2 wins from Ayr and ICT. Im just not convinced that having seen us win against very poor Partick and Falkirk teams is enough to convince me if it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    That's not what I said and you know it Frank! For the avoidance of doubt I would have sacked him after the playoffs. But we are where we are and we have to deal with that whether we (the doubters) like it or not.

What I was saying is that to get to the top of the league early - which I believe is crucial - these are the games at home we should be winning. Hence a must win game imo

Playing catch up throughout the season with leaders 4/6/8 ahead of you is a lot of pressure. Being at the top takes that pressure away

If Csaba wins the league outright I for one will be over the f ucking moon by the way! Just please, no play offs.
    I never suggested that you said that.

I just asked if you would.

It was just a simple question moving on from the point you made.

No need to be so adversarial.

Hypothetically would you sack him if it was a draw on Saturday?

But we are where we are and we have to deal with that whether we (the doubters) like it or not.
    Pretty much sums up why i joined here in the first place.

During some slightly better times, i frequented a site or 2, but other things got in the way and i never felt the need. Since we ended up where we are, i felt the need to vent and this place seemed like the place to do that. Its not as if someone on the board is gonna take a blind bit of notice of a nobody venting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Funnily enough, i would not have him sacked if he gets a draw on Saturday, but that means we need 2 wins from Ayr and ICT. Im just not convinced that having seen us win against very poor Partick and Falkirk teams is enough to convince me if it will happen.
    Fair enough assessment.

I never suggested that you said that.

I just asked if you would.

It was just a simple question moving on from the point you made.

No need to be so adversarial.

Hypothetically would you sack him if it was a draw on Saturday?
    No.

But I did say he should go after failing to win 6/6 from Morton Falkirk. So he's still with us. We draw v Ross C, a stay of execution despite imo a must win, then if we fall back further in the next 2 games, time is definitely up.

I just think this is a hard division to play catch up in. We caught up a bit Saturday, we need to catch up more this Saturday. As I said before if we have serious designs on winning the league outright - which is the target yeah - we need to be beating Morton home and Ross County home. Simple as that.

edit to add, not intending to be adversarial Frank, just putting my opinion passionately mate
    Last edited by stokearab; 24-09-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Pretty much sums up why i joined here in the first place.

During some slightly better times, i frequented a site or 2, but other things got in the way and i never felt the need. Since we ended up where we are, i felt the need to vent and this place seemed like the place to do that. Its not as if someone on the board is gonna take a blind bit of notice of a nobody venting.
    Thing is Chick they do. As in you can vent and people will agree or not agree but right now there's no nastiness like there was at the time of Jackie Mac etc. I think it's a pretty well balanced board. Sometimes it gets a wee bit heated but that's not always a bad thing as long as people aren't abusive etc [ps give Loemba a break by the way!!]

No.

But I did say he should go after failing to win 6/6 from Morton Falkirk. So he's still with us. We draw v Ross C, a stay of execution despite imo a must win, then if we fall back further in the next 2 games, time is definitely up.

I just think this is a hard division to play catch up in. We caught up a bit Saturday, we need to catch up more this Saturday. As I said before if we have serious designs on winning the league outright - which is the target yeah - we need to be beating Morton home and Ross County home. Simple as that.

edit to add, not intending to be adversarial Frank, just putting my opinion passionately mate
    No worries.

Fair enough to say that Laszlo has bought some time with the unbeaten run and win on Sat.

Would be a hard thing to sack a manager after a draw on Sat and therefore on a 6 match unbeaten run.

I think we will win 2-1 bit that's a gut feeling.

I also think he shouldn't be sacked with a defeat either.

Thing is Chick they do. As in you can vent and people will agree or not agree but right now there's no nastiness like there was at the time of Jackie Mac etc. I think it's a pretty well balanced board. Sometimes it gets a wee bit heated but that's not always a bad thing as long as people aren't abusive etc [ps give Loemba a break by the way!!]
    Youre correct about the nastiness at the Jackie Mac days.

But back then you had a group of ITKs giving it big who were quick to name calling if people weren't quite there with their opinion of Jackie at that point in time

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)