+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Next 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    What do I know?

Are you watching Scott McDonald?
    LOL

Good result and at times much better performance- just final ball and a few brain farts. Bizarre line up for our defence but it worked

I will be there, hoping for a win, enduring whatever the 90 minutes throws up.

What do I know?

Are you watching Scott McDonald?

I had a wee laugh at the result in the end thinking of your prediction, delighted, more shocked at the cleansheet than the win tbh

McDonald was correct though, its only one result, we will win the odd game in this division regardless of anything else as its such an average division

Till we see signs of team improvement, which would be sustaining regular wins, so we move onto next week

Ironically the fun losing means they may very well get the choice of new manager first and benefit longer term than us in Laszlo limbo

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I had a wee laugh at the result in the end thinking of your prediction, delighted, more shocked at the cleansheet than the win tbh

McDonald was correct though, its only one result, we will win the odd game in this division regardless of anything else as its such an average division

Till we see signs of team improvement, which would be sustaining regular wins, so we move onto next week

Ironically the fun losing means they may very well get the choice of new manager first and benefit longer term than us in Laszlo limbo
    Frank I hope bought a lottery ticket too!!

I was delighted at result - at game folk around shouting at how p!sh Loemba was - I thought he was excellent at times and just kept going. That shows the differences in opinions.

Good weekend for the Shabba Two on here

I have nothing against Laszlo and hope he turns this around and gets us up. I have decided not to listen to his interviews anymore (about 6 months ago) and more interested in how Bouhenna, Sanfrankno and Loemba develop as well as getting our injured trio back.

And then there is always the fun for a laugh.

Having kept the cleansheet and having thought about recent league games, here is a positive

The last goal we conceded from open play in the league was the needless error at the death for Partick's consolation

The one at Alloa a direct fk, the one v Morton a pen, hopefully the start of us being hungry to not concede goals, I think Watson has a good attitude this way that can rub off on others at the back, Frans has a good attitude too

Really the only poor defensive display in league business was the opener vs dunfermline (edge started etc)

However there are other stingey at the back teams in the league including upcoming opponents, so that alone won't give us the advantage, more in attacking sense needed still

Another positive is the factthat we have already scored the same number of headed goals this season than we did in while of last season.

Stingy at the back and becoming better at scoring different types of goals.

Steps in the right direction.

Another positive is the factthat we have already scored the same number of headed goals this season than we did in while of last season.

Stingy at the back and becoming better at scoring different types of goals.

Steps in the right direction.
    Our defence is better than last season imo but are we are losing fewer goals from open play because we are playing with two defensive midfielders. Hopefully that changes when Fyvie gets up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Having kept the cleansheet and having thought about recent league games, here is a positive

The last goal we conceded from open play in the league was the needless error at the death for Partick's consolation

The one at Alloa a direct fk, the one v Morton a pen, hopefully the start of us being hungry to not concede goals, I think Watson has a good attitude this way that can rub off on others at the back, Frans has a good attitude too

Really the only poor defensive display in league business was the opener vs dunfermline (edge started etc)

However there are other stingey at the back teams in the league including upcoming opponents, so that alone won't give us the advantage, more in attacking sense needed still
    Hasn’t been easy looking for positives. But this is something. Hopefully the start of something here.

Doubt it but we live in hope.

So we beat Falkirk. OK great, and by the sounds of it there's a few positives emerging. Defence, Bouhenna, Loemba, McMullan, and lets not forget Safranko am ong st others. Happy with that.

But, previously in the thread I said Morton and Falkirk were both must win games if we want to climb to the top and set the pace, which in this league is a must. We only won one of them. So for me the Ross County home game takes on the same importance. Again, for me, a must win home game.

He's got Fyvie back, we're nearing full strength, it's a game that if we have designs on winning the league outright we should be winning. It's a test of where we are and where we need to be. To me a draw says nah, a defeat a disaster, a win and maybe we are heading the right way.

Can't remember where Shedka said it, but he said finish above the Highland teams we win the league, imo spot on, that's why we have to aim to win every game against County and ICT. No draws. Wins.

The win v Falkirk has given everyone a wee lift not just because of the result but because of some of the individual performances, but will the mad Hungarian start to set us up to be more attacking in the first halves? We live in hope.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)