+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd post

2nd post

This is getting beyond a joke now.
    Never mind 10 or 15 years ago if you would have told me 4 years ago we would be in the position we are with a manager who could not win 1 match against Alloa despite playing 2 in a row against them I would have been amazed. If you then said the fans would not be shocked at these 2 results given the record of the manager and recent team performances I would have been astonished.

Its time for the chairman to speak out and say what their expectations are because for all we know Lazlo could be meeting or god forbid even exceeding them.

If the boards ambitions are to avoid relegation to league 1 or maybe sneak a play off place then we know not to expect automatic promotion worthy performances and can stop leaving matches dejected when we don't get the results needed for a promotion push.

We can maybe celebrate and get the open top buses booked when taking points off teams who are expected to finish above us (in the boards eyes). We can maybe cheer the team when they get a result against the Alloas and Brechins instead of going away annoyed at only drawing.
    Please chairman let us know what you expect and if the team are or are not meeting expectations.
    At least we'll know what these are and then then we'll know who the feck is to blame for this shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    This is getting beyond a joke now.
    Never mind 10 or 15 years ago if you would have told me 4 years ago we would be in the position we are with a manager who could not win 1 match against Alloa despite playing 2 in a row against them I would have been amazed. If you then said the fans would not be shocked at these 2 results given the record of the manager and recent team performances I would have been astonished.

Its time for the chairman to speak out and say what their expectations are because for all we know Lazlo could be meeting or god forbid even exceeding them.

If the boards ambitions are to avoid relegation to league 1 or maybe sneak a play off place then we know not to expect automatic promotion worthy performances and can stop leaving matches dejected when we don't get the results needed for a promotion push.

We can maybe celebrate and get the open top buses booked when taking points off teams who are expected to finish above us (in the boards eyes). We can maybe cheer the team when they get a result against the Alloas and Brechins instead of going away annoyed at only drawing.
    Please chairman let us know what you expect and if the team are or are not meeting expectations.
    At least we'll know what these are and then then we'll know who the feck is to blame for this shambles.
    I could be wrong but I thought MM had already stated the target is to win the league this season? and as much as I’m not big fan of Shabba, we are only two points off the top, so don’t think the board will be panicking just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    AJ,
    Whilst i am not happy with what i am seeing on the pitch and fully agree with the sentiment of your writings, i have to say that all appears to be going to plan.

Shabba said he was treating the league cup as pre-season games and we got the results that reflected that. This had to be signed off at a higher level. Fizzy pop result cannot be considered as evidence against the first team.

Ive seen written that MM said target for the first 9 games was 6 wins. We are still on track for that, but i am 100% sure that Dunfermline home and Alloa away were part of that target. Therefore I cannot see us achieving that over the next 5 games.

the next two games will give a big indication of where CL will be. morton at home will be tricky as theyve started well plus a new manager in charge so they will want to continue their early form but we're at home and need to be winning these games if we have any hopes for automatic promotion.

falkirk away again will be tricky but theyve started season very poorly but Ray's in there now so dont know what they will be like. still expecting to get something from the game.

if we get a minimum of 4pts from those 2 games then its decent without being great would give us 11pts from first 6games which will keep us in touch with the teams at top but if we want to be really pushing we need 2wins.

if we dont at least win 1 of the 2 then i reckon the board will be force to act imo. until these two are over then CL will do just enough to stay in a job i think. thats my prediction anyway, he'll do well enough to keep his job

What a ****ing sad state of affairs it is when our fans are having to resort to chat like 'keep us in touch with those at the top'. Those being the mighty Ross County, Inverness & QOTS.

**** me.

We need wins. Simple. Draws in this league gets you in the playoffs and we know what happens in the playoffs. 6 points from the next 2 is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    What a ****ing sad state of affairs it is when our fans are having to resort to chat like 'keep us in touch with those at the top'. Those being the mighty Ross County, Inverness & QOTS.

**** me.
    The above sums up the way i feel,only the removal of the Monkey his Donkey and the rest of the BOD will bring myself and many others back to Tannadice.Before you cremate me just remember i had no problem supporting United in the Championship as i attended almost every game home and away during our 1st season in oblivion,i even went to Stranraer away in the Mickey mouse cup.
    What i cannot except is the in house takeover of my club by people just as culpable as the idiot they removed,to those of you who know their history its the equivalent of Hitler being bought out by Himmler,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The above sums up the way i feel,only the removal of the Monkey his Donkey and the rest of the BOD will bring myself and many others back to Tannadice.Before you cremate me just remember i had no problem supporting United in the Championship as i attended almost every game home and away during our 1st season in oblivion,i even went to Stranraer away in the Mickey mouse cup.
    What i cannot except is the in house takeover of my club by people just as culpable as the idiot they removed,to those of you who know their history its the equivalent of Hitler being bought out by Himmler,FACT.
    Point of Order: Hitler was replaced by Donitz.

Otherwise, agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca_Sheikh View Post
    Point of Order: Hitler was replaced by Donitz.

Otherwise, agree.
    I know the admiral took over when Hitler committed suicide,i also know the 51st Highland division fought on against the Wehrmacht when the rest of the BEF cowered on the beaches of Dunkirk from the Luftwaffe,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    its the equivalent of Hitler being bought out by Himmler,FACT.
    Can someone call 999 and ask for a sense of ****ing perspective for GB?

Jesus mate. It's football. Nazi analogies are beneath you.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)