+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd post

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    What a ****ing sad state of affairs it is when our fans are having to resort to chat like 'keep us in touch with those at the top'. Those being the mighty Ross County, Inverness & QOTS.

**** me.
    Nothing is free in football.

You have to earn the right.

Lets not be like Aberdeen fans used to be.

We are entitled to zero status.

We need to earn it against everyone in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Nothing is free in football.

You have to earn the right.

Lets not be like Aberdeen fans used to be.

We are entitled to zero status.

We need to earn it against everyone in front of us.
    Correct. Doesn't mean it's not a sad state of affairs tho does it? Look at our budget compared to the rest of the league. Any team with our kind of budget should be doing a HELL of a lot better than we are doing but we aren't. Why is that?? If its not the manager and the decisions he makes, be it signings, tactics, how to treat national Cup competitions, his motivational skills etc etc, then there must be some other reason. I'd like to know the answer tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Look at our budget compared to the rest of the league.
    Where do you look to find that out?

the budget issue annoys me. how many times have we seen teams with big budgets struggling but teams with smaller/tighter budgets prosper? budget means F all imo. the suggestion is the bigger the budget the better the player you can sign which is true to a certain degree but last season we had the biggest budget but hardly played like a team while two teams who had smaller budgets got promoted by having the determination, dig and workrate to make up for their lack of budget and also played to their strengths.

it depends solely on the man in charge of the budget. the likes of tommy wright, hopkins and so on who constantly battled with having small budgets compared to bigger teams managed to find a way to get results and finish above bigger budgeted teams.

also on a side note i think the gap between us having the biggest budget is smaller than it was last season. i reckon both Ross county and Partick have got decent sized budgets which would be closer to ours than any team last year had. imo

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Can someone call 999 and ask for a sense of ****ing perspective for GB?

Jesus mate. It's football. Nazi analogies are beneath you.
    I am sure you understood the message of the post though Frank.I admit i could have posted a better example.At the end of the day my main point is Germany was phucked with either of the names i mentioned and its das selbe for Dundee United Football Club,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I know the admiral took over when Hitler committed suicide,i also know the 51st Highland division fought on against the Wehrmacht when the rest of the BEF cowered on the beaches of Dunkirk from the Luftwaffe,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The above sums up the way i feel,only the removal of the Monkey his Donkey and the rest of the BOD will bring myself and many others back to Tannadice.Before you cremate me just remember i had no problem supporting United in the Championship as i attended almost every game home and away during our 1st season in oblivion,i even went to Stranraer away in the Mickey mouse cup.
    What i cannot except is the in house takeover of my club by people just as culpable as the idiot they removed,to those of you who know their history its the equivalent of Hitler being bought out by Himmler,FACT.
    So let me get this right, you no longer go to Tannadice to support your football club?

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    So let me get this right, you no longer go to Tannadice to support your football club?
    And what? Do you think he's alone in that stance? Have you seen the crowds recently?

I know dozens of guys who haven't been to Tannadice since the Livi playoff and i don't blame them one bit.

The club is an utter shambles and folk refusing to hand over their hard earned dough is perfectly understandable. Who are you to judge??

Call me stupid but I could not NOT go to Tannadice if you see what I mean.
    If anything I go all the more and that's with me missing less than 5 home games in the last 10 years.
    If you see what I mean.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)