+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barry Robson for Raith Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I heard Shinnie has already told the club he isn’t signing a new deal but it’s because he wants to try his luck in England.

GMS is also not signing and he wants to move to England too.
    Shinnie might fancy England but does anybody in England at a decent level fancy him...If you had to build a Championship level player then you wouldn't use Shinnie as your template...

As for GMS, I can't think of a player more ill equipped for the demands of the lower leagues of England

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    He was probably spun a DM vision of the potential of Aberdeen FC when he signed and now has realised that in reality it was a load of absolute tosh and has now decided to bail out.
    Spot on assessment there bud, very sad but more than likely very true

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Shinnie might fancy England but does anybody in England at a decent level fancy him...If you had to build a Championship level player then you wouldn't use Shinnie as your template...

As for GMS, I can't think of a player more ill equipped for the demands of the lower leagues of England
    Shinnie will get a lower half championship team,Bristol City or some team like that.

GMS might have to go to League one but will probably still treble his wages.

GMS has chased the coin before and made nowt of it.

I work with a guy from Thurso who knows GMS, says he's a really nice lad but is "deep" and prone to going into himself.

He strikes me as a guy who needs to feel loved and as someone said higher up he's singularly ill equipped to deal with the robustness of the lower leagues in PA.

If Shinnie wants to make it in England he's more than capable........as a left back.

I think amongst the midfield beasts of the lower leagues down there Shinnie would get lost.

As a left back, well, well capable.

If Shinnie decides to head down south at the end of his time he'll go with my best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    GMS has chased the coin before and made nowt of it.
    He was about to make almost £10k a week at Celtic and knocked it back to play regular football again with us.

If he does go, it'll not be for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He was about to make almost £10k a week at Celtic and knocked it back to play regular football again with us.

How long was left on his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    How long was left on his contract?
    He had a year left. He was about to go onto his top line.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

I’m not saying he is wanting to go to England for money,if it’s true he wants to go down to guff land it might be because he wants to simply try something new but the chances are he will still treble his wages.

I hope GMS and Shinnie both stay it’s just what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I heard Shinnie has already told the club he isn’t signing a new deal but it’s because he wants to try his luck in England.

GMS is also not signing and he wants to move to England too.
    To be fair to The Rat, I think that was his preference too. Then when there were no takers in England........................

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    To be fair to The Rat, I think that was his preference too. Then when there were no takers in England........................
    And this is my thoughts regarding Shinnie ^^^...he may want to go but will there be any suitable suitors...if he goes somewhere like Rotherham or Bristol City,he might as well buy a return ticket to be used within 12 months to the Scottish Premiership...

For me, Sevco seems to be the most likeliest...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast