+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: September 11th 2001 Recollections

September 11th 2001 Recollections

Presumably this thread has been done before; however, what's your recollections of September 11th 2001 in relation to discovering the attacks in NYC, Washington D.C and Shanksville...

I'm a bit obsessive in reading and watching stuff about it so this might be ignored but it is approaching the 17th year anniversary so it's relevant...

I was an apprentice in a car pull for my block release. Still lived with my folks in Ellon. Had just been dropped off in Modley and was crossing the bridge into Meiklemill and bumped into a dude i went to school with. He was a proper stoner type and said something along thie lines of "whoah man, f@cking hell man, you seen New York man, its like a f@cking movie man". Didnt know whay to expect. Walked into my hoos and my ma was watching it. Then i was like my stoner chum "f@cking hell man".

Then i thought "woah woah woah 4 planes were highjacked on the same day, aye f@cking right. Shenanigans" and i still think that to this day.

SHENANIGANS i tells ya

Also that was half my life ago. F@cking hell
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 09-09-2018 at 07:33 PM.

I saw it on a TV in a shop window on Union Street.

Bogbrush, were you reading about the tube station finally getting re-opened after being buried after the towers collapsed? When you mentioned it was coming up to 17 years I knew I had read that somewhere today.

I was just finishing my worst job ever (as part of the maintenance squad at arthur simmers piggery) I remember pulling out on to the main road to head home and Chris Moyles was on his afternoon show on Radio 1 and that was the first I heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Bogbrush, were you reading about the tube station finally getting re-opened after being buried after the towers collapsed? When you mentioned it was coming up to 17 years I knew I had read that somewhere today.

I was just finishing my worst job ever (as part of the maintenance squad at arthur simmers piggery) I remember pulling out on to the main road to head home and Chris Moyles was on his afternoon show on Radio 1 and that was the first I heard about it.
    Listening to Chris Moyles must have been worse than working at a piggery?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Listening to Chris Moyles must have been worse than working at a piggery?
    There were a lot of people worse off than me at that particular time to be fair

I first heard the news about it on here.

Christ I need a hobby

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post

The reopening of Cortlandt Street subway was exactly what triggered my thoughts back to September 11th 2001. That might be a good example of how Google (I don't know if you use Google as your search engine Mondo) can condition our thoughts by pointing us all to the same articles, it's all very Orwellian.

And it was the influence of the online world that first conditioned me to think that the incidents that happened that day was an 'inside job'. However, I'm now being pushed towards considering it as an 'outside job'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I first heard the news about it on here.

Christ I need a hobby
    Ah, so Aberdeen Mad Wiki did exist on September 11th 2001...I did consider asking that in my initial post

Started out as the Granite Sheep on the old rivals site. About 98ish

It was good fun. You could go straight to Follow Follow & Kerrydale Street to noise up those c*nts. Total free for all. That’s why I picked my username. For undercover operations on FF

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast