+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: September 11th 2001 Recollections

I watched it with my ma and sister-in-law in some cafe/bar on Crown St. We also thought it was a disaster movie until the bloke put sound up.
    Walked back to my bro's a wee bit numb to phone Mrs. Under , was the middle of the night so she had no idea - told her to put the TV on and i would phone back in 5 mins. Did so and she was "why is there a disaster movie on at this time". Explained it was real and i might struggle to get home the next day. Heathrow was mental on the 12th dazed Americans everywhere but, as i was going back via Dubai , i practically had a plane to myself.

Another thing that came out of it. I had a ticket for Slayer/Pantera/Biohazard/Therapy? And a few others at the SECC on the 16th but it was cancelled due to flights being grounded

The rescheduled didnt feature Pantera and then they split up in 2003. I never did see Pantera and with two of them now dead i never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Another thing that came out of it. I had a ticket for Slayer/Pantera/Biohazard/Therapy? And a few others at the SECC on the 16th but it was cancelled due to flights being grounded

The rescheduled didnt feature Pantera and then they split up in 2003. I never did see Pantera and with two of them now dead i never will.
    Which reminds me that I read Curtis Stigers (I'm not a fan) watched the disaster unfold from an Aberdeen hotel room as he had a gig that night at The Lemon Tree. Despite the fact that he was living in NYC at the time and was in considerable shock, like a true pro the show at The Lemon Tree went ahead as planned...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    The reopening of Cortlandt Street subway was exactly what triggered my thoughts back to September 11th 2001. That might be a good example of how Google (I don't know if you use Google as your search engine Mondo) can condition our thoughts by pointing us all to the same articles, it's all very Orwellian.

And it was the influence of the online world that first conditioned me to think that the incidents that happened that day was an 'inside job'. However, I'm now being pushed towards considering it as an 'outside job'.
    Good to know you are emerging from the other side of the conspiracy theory whirlpool. Not many manage it. Usually avoid social media around this time of year as it is the happiest time of the year for the tinfoil hatted Mossad/Soros/Rothschild* blamers as instead of dignified silence they flood facebook with the same drivel they do every year in the hope of snaring someone into an argument.

I learned about it in work, about 5 rooms away from where I am currently sat, which is pretty depressing when I think about it.

* delete as appropriate

Yep, Sept 11th is Christmas Day for a lot of folk on the interment. Many of which are experts in aviation, structural engineering & foreign policy. Seems to me they’re wasting their talent.

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    Good to know you are emerging from the other side of the conspiracy theory whirlpool. Not many manage it. Usually avoid social media around this time of year as it is the happiest time of the year for the tinfoil hatted Mossad/Soros/Rothschild* blamers as instead of dignified silence they flood facebook with the same drivel they do every year in the hope of snaring someone into an argument.

I learned about it in work, about 5 rooms away from where I am currently sat, which is pretty depressing when I think about it.

* delete as appropriate
    What depresses me is the amount of time I frittered away watching 9/11 conspiracy videos. However, there are questions that need to be asked but these videos don't assist...

There's no doubt in mind that planes were under the control of the 19 hijackers when they crashed but there are oddities that won't go away...A couple that come to mind are:

How did a Saudi passport survive the impact into the WTC and the destruction of towers that obliterated human bone and steel, to be found at the so-called Ground Zero?

Why did the commander-in-chief (or rather his security detail allow him ) remain in a school listening to children read a story after he heard about the second plane hitting the towers?

Why were American military defences so inept on the day? Incompetence perhaps but why hasn't a proper inquiry been held and those found guilty of incompetence punished?

These are just a couple of questions that spring to mind. I don't think there is anything wrong with querying the 9/11 Commission report. I mean this is a report that failed to mention the collapse of WTC7; therefore, it's fair to say, there needs to be constructive criticism and those in power need to be held to account...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    What depresses me is the amount of time I frittered away watching 9/11 conspiracy videos. However, there are questions that need to be asked but these videos don't assist...

There's no doubt in mind that planes were under the control of the 19 hijackers when they crashed but there are oddities that won't go away...A couple that come to mind are:

How did a Saudi passport survive the impact into the WTC and the destruction of towers that obliterated human bone and steel, to be found at the so-called Ground Zero?

Why did the commander-in-chief (or rather his security detail allow him ) remain in a school listening to children read a story after he heard about the second plane hitting the towers?

Why were American military defences so inept on the day? Incompetence perhaps but why hasn't a proper inquiry been held and those found guilty of incompetence punished?

These are just a couple of questions that spring to mind. I don't think there is anything wrong with querying the 9/11 Commission report. I mean this is a report that failed to mention the collapse of WTC7; therefore, it's fair to say, there needs to be constructive criticism and those in power need to be held to account...
    uuugh. I can feel myself getting suckered in.

Passport:- Not just the Satam al Suqami passport survived. Many other passports/id/bank cards were found amongst the debris. The first airliner's itinerary from Boston to LA was also found in the immediate aftermath. Yes, the odds of this are very slim, but unlikely events do happen. Low odds do not constitute evidence.

Bush:- Confusion in the aftermath of an unexpected terrorist attack. He probably didn't want to scare the kids he was reading to and the secret service probably though a school was a fairly safe place for him to be while they sorted out the security for him and his family. Also, he's nae that bright so probably didn't know what to do.

American response:-The terrorists exploited what we now realise were lax security standards.

Pfft, that’s what the zionists and global elite want you think. Open your eyes

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    uuugh. I can feel myself getting suckered in.

Passport:- Not just the Satam al Suqami passport survived. Many other passports/id/bank cards were found amongst the debris. The first airliner's itinerary from Boston to LA was also found in the immediate aftermath. Yes, the odds of this are very slim, but unlikely events do happen. Low odds do not constitute evidence.

Bush:- Confusion in the aftermath of an unexpected terrorist attack. He probably didn't want to scare the kids he was reading to and the secret service probably though a school was a fairly safe place for him to be while they sorted out the security for him and his family. Also, he's nae that bright so probably didn't know what to do.

American response:-The terrorists exploited what we now realise were lax security standards.
    I agree/this^^^/Good post/Well said/I wish there were more posters talking sense.

I never understand why passengers on hijacked planes just sit there and do nothing. They always outnumber the hijackers so it would be quite easy to stop them. If a few guys tried to hold up a pub with weedy knives like the 9/11 hijackers had, they would get their heads kicked in

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast