+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Just a few reasons to relieve Bruce of the managers role A S A P " !!

Fair points freer - Dean Smith is a good shout. I just want a bit of contiguity and am still hopeful that SB can offer us a chance of promotion with his record

Sam,

I hope for our sake Bruce proves me wrong

How many sides have a front 2 of the ilk of Kodjia + Abrahams

(I wouldn't be too surprised to see Tammy Abrahams filling in at right back

Most managers in this division could only dream about having our squad of players

Unless Bruce discovers some tactical nous & large helping of motivational ability

My question is how much longer do we persevere with the naive Steve Bruce

All replies should be submitted by 17.30 Saturday 15/09/2018

[ the clever money is on 19.30 Saturday ]

I would give him until Xmas.

If we are in the playoffs positions at Xmas then I'll be happy with Bruce. If not then sack him and try for Smith

By X MAS ???

At our present rate of Knots the leaders of the championship will be over the hills & far Away !!!

Its all about results so if we loose say the next 3/4 then October. However I have faith that Bruce will turn it around and we will be challenging the top 2 by the end of the season.

You had faith in Lambert though to be fair Bongo, can you really see Bruce turning this around? Unless he has some masterplan with the coaching team to outscore the opposition on the basis that we have an abundance of attacking options and a the defensive cupboard is bare. Bruce's teams never play that way and he'll soon enough say we have what we have & we just have to roll wor sleeves up.

Sam - Hughton I would suggest feels he has taken Brighton as far as he can and has unfinished business managing a much bigger club. No disrespect to Brighton - he's also my pick as after missing out in the playoff final he went one better the following year to win promotion outright. Dean Smith has done really well at Brentford, more of a risk stepping up to Villa - it's something of a poison chalice.

Lambert did ok considering the limitations he had in the transfer market. It's was the poor spending from Sherwood/board that sent us over the edge. RDM just didn't work and Bruce pulled us back from the plug hole.
    Ok he's had time and I'm confident he can turn it around but this will depend if we get another centre back and the keeper starts performing.
    Big if I know but we do have Abraham and Bolasie to unleash in the next game.
    Hughton would be my pick too if he does bet the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    Lambert did ok considering the limitations he had in the transfer market. It's was the poor spending from Sherwood/board that sent us over the edge. RDM just didn't work and Bruce pulled us back from the plug hole.
    Ok he's had time and I'm confident he can turn it around but this will depend if we get another centre back and the keeper starts performing.
    Big if I know but we do have Abraham and Bolasie to unleash in the next game.
    Hughton would be my pick too if he does bet the boot.
    There you have it mate, that those 3 little words, 'turn it around‘. He’s been here 2 years, completely changed the squad, a few times, yet still needs to ‘turn it around’!!!

Turn what around?

His mistakes? The ones he regularly apologises for?

If he does turn it around, that would suggest that 2 years of work has indeed been wasted by incompetence and failure.

To be fair the term "turn it around" might not be the right quote. It's far more complex really. Bruce first season he did well and brought in some good players. We were almost at the bottom of the league when he took over. Last season we did compete but fell short and that was disappointing so I understand his critics. I'm not going to panic yet and call for his head. We're just as likely to go on a 8 match unbeaten run than plummet down the league.
    Bruce best get some defenders in or he might well loose his job.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)