+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Just a few reasons to relieve Bruce of the managers role A S A P " !!

"Just a few reasons to relieve Bruce of the managers role A S A P " !!

Bruce tested the resolution of our owners into forcing them to bring back the 37 year old Terry

Why else would Bruce let Elphick leave on loan without a replacement being signed ?

Bruce needs Terry’s assistance cause he's in grave danger of loosing the dressing room

Looks like several players are fed up with Bruce

Hogan, Lansbury, Taylor, Bree are evidence their careers have stalled/gone into reverse since signing for Bruce, Hourihane is now facing being sidelined too

When Bruce’s collusive punt at bringing Terry floundered why didnt he get Huth A N Other in during the international break allowing the new player some time to acclimatise ?

Tuanzebe is a central defender, its where United played him pre-season SO F/F/Sake play him there

How A V F C hope to achieve promotion with

* Players playing in the wrong positions

* No visible game-plan

* Playing like brainless fearful chickens

* Kicking long balls aimlessly over the head of Kodjia … For that surprise attacking option/ingredient

“That's all folks”

Although I agree with most of this post, I'd also say Villa tend to often buy players that don't seem to live up to the heights they set at other clubs, not just under Bruce. I often wonder what goes on behind the scenes and also, of course, why do they buy a player in to play them out of position. Bruce isn't the only manager to do this. Scouts and coaches surely are maybe part of the problem, either not judging players ability well, or players not fulfilling their best football at Villa after doing it in other clubs. In the most long winded way, I don't think this is just about Bruce and I can't see another manager really affecting it much as I think it runs deeper.

Good points jemdave. I remember Curtis Davies and NRC moaning about MON when they spent time in the pine. MONs answer was simple, you need to earn the right to ware the shirt. I'm not looking for Bruce's head yet but he does need to sort this defence out.

I'd love to know how big a difference it would make playing people like Suliman or another youngster with Chester, or just playing Bree regularly and playing him in his natrual role. I always feel like the players we buy in aren't bought in to play their natrual role that they flourished in, i.e the performances that got our scouts attention. Just seems odd to buy in players that you basically want to not play to their strengths. There must be other stuff going on as some of the selections do seem weird. We also always hear how great the academy is and what a good prospect such and such is, and yet more often than not they're shipped out on loans, or permanently and are never seen in the Villa team. So are these hot prospects actually good or not?

Its indefensible Stevie boy has at his disposal by far the best squad in the Championship

Yet our coach & (cough) leader of men- cannot acquire anything vaguely resembling a tune from this wealth of talent

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    I remember Curtis Davies and NRC moaning about MON when they spent time in the pine.

Mon had his favourite 11 and his subs and that was it. He was blind to the talent of a lot of players. I'm not going into a Martin debate - however, I'd rather have Steve Bruce than Martin O'ne tactic Neil in charge right now.

Calling for his head freer - who do you want?

Sam, Bruce is very much the same in his tactics and that's why this squad doesn't win as many points as it should.

Appreciate you're asking Freer for his successor - Chris Hughton please, knows how to handle life at a big club when he did a brilliant job at Newcastle.

Why would Hughton step down a division to a club he has no ties with?

Realistically we could only expect 1 of the usual merrygoround lot and tbh we already have the best one on the list.

With the exception of a sustained period V Brentford…. WHEN have we looked like a cohesive outfit ?

Villa play like a team who've met just before kick off !

Bruce states he can face up to the responsibility but never does so, he takes the easy/cowardly? option of throwing HIS players under the bus.

The young players V Yeovil / James Chester V Reading / The reserves V Burton/ Virtually all the players after the embarrassingly shameful offering V Sheffield United.

Who do I suggest replacing Bruce with ? That calls for a meeting of the great minds in charge of Villa

Appropriate candidates * Villa fan Dean Smith * W C Villains shout Chris Hughton * Chris Wilder

Bruce did an admirable job turning things around at Aston Villa I Thank him for that

Sadly however after 2 years at the helm, with arguably the best squads in this league at his disposal, there is absolutely no evidence of improvement, his sides lack identity, a style of play, any perceivable tactics/ organisation/ direction/game-plan !

Clearly at this juncture, it’s time for the amicable chappie to go !

"Thats all Sam" !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)