+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT(ish) Feature on Barnsley FC on Look North & their .........

Original point of the post well and truly hijacked

Never mind

BFC are showing how a club should interact with it's supporters
    Millers fans have plenty of complaints at times re their experience (including me) whereas BFC fans are praising their clubs efforts

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post

Never mind

Millers fans have plenty of complaints at times re their experience (including me) whereas BFC fans are praising their clubs efforts
    Dont know what your probs are bramley but i have a few..first must be the stewards..i dont think theres many, if any, with an affinity to rotherham united..they try to treat people like cattle..we used to have stewards who were fans..i know weve got quite a few " headers " who need watching but so have all clubs...
    Second, its got to be the catering..i dont know who runs it now ..is it or was it lindleys ? The kids who serve are so slow its unreal..having said that, whos gonna show willing for what they get per hour..and my third gripe is the obvious one..don street..how is it possible to have to walk up there and then be allowed to turn left into away fans..not everybody wants to go to town..when are the club going to do something about it..

Never mind

It's not all beer and skittles bramley , good PR for the club on Look North no doubt but there's plenty to improve upon .

In a nutshell Milla, the difference is that at Millmoor both stewards and refreshments staff were employed by RUFC. Now, as you allude to, both are outsourced. Modern world: profit before service. Staff at Lindleys and G4 (think they do security) are paid peanuts and dont give a rats ass about the club. Whereas staff at Millmoor were paid peanuts, probably got a free pie, and got to watch the match for nowt as they were fans.

Don street/main street is annoying. Didn't I read on another thread that the club are opening up the old underpass to take away fans under main street, passed the police station, preventing the coming together of supporters? Or have I dream that?

I don't think it is G4.

The majority of stewards I have spoken to have been really nice, in fact they often get praised on that Ground's Guide website.

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Dont know what your probs are bramley but i have a few..first must be the stewards..i dont think theres many, if any, with an affinity to rotherham united..they try to treat people like cattle..we used to have stewards who were fans..i know weve got quite a few " headers " who need watching but so have all clubs...
    Second, its got to be the catering..i dont know who runs it now ..is it or was it lindleys ? The kids who serve are so slow its unreal..having said that, whos gonna show willing for what they get per hour..and my third gripe is the obvious one..don street..how is it possible to have to walk up there and then be allowed to turn left into away fans..not everybody wants to go to town..when are the club going to do something about it..
    And on another thread, not a million miles away, see Avondalemiller's comments

I think the "You can take the Rotherham out of Millmoor …." reply sums it all up

Don't get the steward thing, 99% of stewards at NYS are fantastic the service at the bars however is diabolical how a business is run like Lindleys is unfathomable. It takes three people to serve one customer and they don't have a rush in them, poor management.

And on another thread, not a million miles away, see Avondalemiller's comments

I think the "You can take the Rotherham out of Millmoor …." reply sums it all up
    It was me who said that. And it's true.
    Back on topic, I know things have been a bit tetchy on here lately between a few of ours and the Barnsley lads who visit, but credit where it's due, it was an incredible achievement for Barnsley to reach the premier league.

Not seen the film thingy yet, but if Rotherham ever, by a similar miracle, made it to the top flight, I would absolutely want it documented as much as possible, and if it only lasted one season, I'd still be forever proud.

I worked with a lot of Barnsley lads around that time and they weren't that interested in football. Then Barnsley got promoted to the top flight and suddenly they were all lifelong fans and season ticket holders! I doubt many if any of them have been to a Barnsley match since that season.

Point is though, it was a great achievement and worth shouting about from the rooftops.

Sorry should have double checked the poster

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Back on topic, I know things have been a bit tetchy on here lately between a few of ours and the Barnsley lads who visit, but credit where it's due, it was an incredible achievement for Barnsley to reach the premier league.

Not seen the film thingy yet, but if Rotherham ever, by a similar miracle, made it to the top flight, I would absolutely want it documented as much as possible, and if it only lasted one season, I'd still be forever proud.

I worked with a lot of Barnsley lads around that time and they weren't that interested in football. Then Barnsley got promoted to the top flight and suddenly they were all lifelong fans and season ticket holders! I doubt many if any of them have been to a Barnsley match since that season.

Point is though, it was a great achievement and worth shouting about from the rooftops.
    Thanks for your kind words , much appreciated .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast