+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Hammill

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I was thinking about this on saturday whilst watching Thiam trying to cross a ball and hitting the first defender which was actually as good as it got .

Then again we have to move on at some stage and get on with it .
    We all watched last season when he was TOTALLY committed, yet ineffective.
    Love his effort, Passion and willingness, but in truth he was not good enough.
    And sometimes it’s sad when your favourite player leaves.
    He just wasn’t going to get better. It’s like having to put your dog down. (I’ve done it, I know),
    Thiam isn’t his replacement...... so we need to go and buy one. Not bring the old one back that just wasn’t cutting it.....
    Miss him around the club, but just honestly, we need to move on..... Gave us great times.....

Get out there, and find a new AH Gaultiere.... or are we only good at finding defenders, and midfielders? One trick Ponies aren’t what we need....Naaaaaaaay

Last year we were in the Championship this year we're in L1
    What an awful analogy btw
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 11-09-2018 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    We all watched last season when he was TOTALLY committed, yet ineffective.
    Love his effort, Passion and willingness, but in truth he was not good enough.
    And sometimes it’s sad when your favourite player leaves.
    He just wasn’t going to get better. It’s like having to put your dog down. (I’ve done it, I know),
    Thiam isn’t his replacement...... so we need to go and buy one. Not bring the old one back that just wasn’t cutting it.....
    Miss him around the club, but just honestly, we need to move on..... Gave us great times.....

Get out there, and find a new AH Gaultiere.... or are we only good at finding defenders, and midfielders? One trick Ponies aren’t what we need....Naaaaaaaay

Agree Jules. The great memories he gave us will live in our hearts forever but it was probably time to move on

You can all say what you like about Hammill but like SB constantly criticises the new regime I will argue constantly that Hammill could still do us a job in L 1
    Apart from 2 or 3 of the Championship squad still with us who from last year can claim to have done well last year?
    & how many on here were writing off Davies, Cavare,Pinillos,Potts,Mowatt?
    Be honest now!
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 11-09-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You can all say what you like about Hammill but like SB constantly criticises the new regime I will argue constantly that Hammill could still do us a job in L 1
    Apart from 2 or 3 of the Championship squad still with us who from last year can claim to have done well last year?
    Be honest now!
    I wouldn't disagree with you that he can do a job in league one exile , probably more than a job in fact , so on that basis he should have had a one year contract offered to him .

Even more so when you consider Hedges struggles consistently with injuries and Thiam isn't that great .

Whether he would have accepted a one year deal I don't know .

Maybe the Germans thought with his age he wasn't up to the style they want to play , maybe his lifestyle was a factor too with that .

There's also the fact that there's zero added value on him in the transfer market where as with the younger players there potentially is .

I don't think we will ever see him again in a Barnsley shirt and so I've tried to move on .

Maybe it was cut short a year early but it would have to end sometime .

I thought our short term aim was to gain promotion with a longer term aim of cashing in on selling our developed youngsters
    Thear should be room for both & I am convinced that AH would be more than capable of helping with the former
    Sticking religiously to the under 25 [or whatever] is no more than dogma
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 11-09-2018 at 06:29 PM.

I thought our short term aim was to gain promotion with a longer term aim of cashing in on selling our developed youngsters
    Thear should be room for both & I am convinced that AH would be more than capable of helping with the former
    Sticking religiously to the under 25 [or whatever] is no more than dogma
    It's definitely proved to be remarkably successful financially for the late owner and maybe for the new one's too .

I'm not convinced success on the field is what we are about these days exile , January may answer a few questions I dare say under the present ownership .

He rightly was loved by us all , great everlasting memories of AH forever , last season he was poor , no contribution in assists or goals , yes he may do well in Division One? No guarantee he would tho , age , time and attitude is against him now , time to let the younger ones have a chance , he must know that too , good luck to him and his family in the future .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I wouldn't disagree with you that he can do a job in league one exile , probably more than a job in fact , so on that basis he should have had a one year contract offered to him .

Even more so when you consider Hedges struggles consistently with injuries and Thiam isn't that great .

Whether he would have accepted a one year deal I don't know .

Maybe the Germans thought with his age he wasn't up to the style they want to play , maybe his lifestyle was a factor too with that .

There's also the fact that there's zero added value on him in the transfer market where as with the younger players there potentially is .

I don't think we will ever see him again in a Barnsley shirt and so I've tried to move on .

Maybe it was cut short a year early but it would have to end sometime .
    I heard we offered him a one year on reduced terms and he declined wanting 2 years, don’t know how true this is but it has popped up a couple of times.

Be honest now!
    I’ll be honest. Only Davo is the one I criticised, for performance. Cavaré for indiscipline. I’ve championed Potts. Mowatt we haven’t seen, till now. Davo STILL hasn’t learned to come for a cross, and probably won’t ever

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast