+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Twin Towers

O/T Twin Towers

17 years ago today , blimey where has that time gone, Horrendous Act of terrorism shown live on TV , it's one of those days you wont forget , and probably remember where you were too

Yes Roma it's a day that you simply will never forget. It still seems unbelievable thinking back to what happened. I was in Tenerife and seeing the footage on the news channels of the planes impact and the collapse of the towers left me completely speechless and totally gobsmacked. Shocking and tragic.

Arr woroff work forra fottnit , ad been gerrin mi things art fo holiday's , wid a flight later that week , set evvin mi lunch and watchin Crossrooards ! " newsflash" it wa unreal, fust a thort it was an advert for one ov them games that youngens laik , a wornt lookin forrard to flying namoor , but did and all ok , nivva seen Crossrooards since ,
    The other things which also come to mind , also broadcast live ? Was the attack on the 2 British servicemen in their car in Northern Ireland, sickening to say the least

The worlds never been the same since that's for sure .

Once watch a documentary about those who jumped to their deaths once they realised they were trapped and nothing could be done .

Some made final phone calls to their loved ones before jumping out of the burning buildings .

You just can't even imagine what was going through their minds at that point .

One minute your chewing the fat with your work pals about a baseball game and the next you have a few moments to live .

Feckin hell !!!

What I never understood is the fact that the government were repeatedly told that there was going to be an attack on american soil & they did sod all about it. There was even one young Muslim lad in a classroom staring at the twin towers & when the teacher ask him what he was staring at, he replied "the twin towers, they wont be standing this time next week".

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredpontyend View Post
    What I never understood is the fact that the government were repeatedly told that there was going to be an attack on american soil & they did sod all about it. There was even one young Muslim lad in a classroom staring at the twin towers & when the teacher ask him what he was staring at, he replied "the twin towers, they wont be standing this time next week".
    I'd just got in from college and watching the footage in total amazement. I couldn't believe it had actually happened to the yanks of all people.

To start with I thought surely these buildings are empty and their intelligence agencies knew of the threat and have evacuated the area?

There was a documentary on a while ago " how the Twin Towers we're built " or something similar , amazing how big in size and the facilities inside , including a rail station , shopping mall etc , to evacuate them buildings must have been a massive task ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    There was a documentary on a while ago " how the Twin Towers we're built " or something similar , amazing how big in size and the facilities inside , including a rail station , shopping mall etc , to evacuate them buildings must have been a massive task ,
    Or not Roma