+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone Roll Call and Sh@t

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    To win anything you need to score goals.
    We don't have the players to do that.
    Recruitment has been poor two years in a row.
    I know,for years and years everyone complained that we needed a goal scorer.

We signed one,won a cup and qualified for Europe every season he was here.That didn’t stop people moaning that he done nothing other than score goals and was going backwards which was a load of nonsense.From the day Rooney signed all he done was score goals.

Now everyone is complaining we don’t have anyone who can score goals,what do people expect if we let our only goal scorer leave?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I know,for years and years everyone complained that we needed a goal scorer.

We signed one,won a cup and qualified for Europe every season he was here.That didn’t stop people moaning that he done nothing other than score goals and was going backwards which was a load of nonsense.From the day Rooney signed all he done was score goals.

Now everyone is complaining we don’t have anyone who can score goals,what do people expect if we let our only goal scorer leave?
    What I would have expected is that he would have been adequately replaced. Arguably our two most comparable competitors seem to be able to sign goalscorers (Hibs 9 league goals and Hearts 11 league goals versus our 4) so why can't we????

The proverbial game of two halfs.

We were absolutely woeful first half - slow and ponderous, lacking intensity, directness and creativity.

Much better second half when we were more direct and got forward much quicker and therefore started to actually create chances.

Draw was fair though - farmers better first half, us better second.

Comments on a few players.

McKenna - good to see him back, was strong on and off the ball and handled Watt no problem. Watt tried to impose himself physically and got nowhere. Look forward to seeing him and Devlin get a run together in the middle now.

Logan - completely sleeping at corner for first goal where he lost his man as far as I could see. His defending really is poor at times.

Forrester - first time I’ve had a good look and not impressed I’m afraid. Based on that I can see why he’s not been playing. Created nothing and did nothing. Needs to step up big time or we’ve pished away £200k there I’m afraid.

Gleeson - does what he does well enough but he’s a really poor mans Ryan Jack. One of the main reasons we were so slow and ponderous first half was him constantly slowing any momentum and failing to get us going forward quickly any time he was on the ball. Don Ball was much more direct and helped get us forward much better when he came on. I also fail to see why you’d play Shinnie and Gleeson together as it just stifles us creating and going forward.

Stevie May - I actually felt sorry for him first half. Completely isolated and getting absolutely nowhere as one up front. One of DM’s big failings is the way he persists with something that simply doesn’t work. May as one up front simply doesn’t work so stop it ffs.

McGinn - fantastic free kick and was better today but we want and need more from him.

GMS - mirrored the team in a poor first half but much better second. Was very unlucky not to score when he cut in and let fly with the one the boy headed clear.

Cosgrove - I gave him stick after Dundee (rightly) but fair play, he did well today and helped turn us round second half. He won a lot in the air, held the ball up and linked with others well, and was very unlucky not to score with a great header that was well saved. Playing like that he does offer us something so no complaints with him today.

This boy Wilson better be something special and a goal scoring machine if he ever gets off the treatment table though as that team currently will struggle to score many in any game.

I’ve been at 4 of the 5 league games so far plus Burnley and sadly it’s clear (injuries or not - everyone gets them so no real excuse) we have gone backwards badly from last season. We’ve not replaced Christie or MacLean anywhere near adequately and it’s really hurting us. Nothing we can do before Xmas so it’s going to be a struggle.

Hope I’m wrong but it looks like 4th or 5th at best to me this year which is not good enough as anything better requires better results than today and last week for a start.

It grates a lot when you see what the diets have done so far. They have shown its is perfectly possible to put a good, winning side together on a budget like ours - sadly, it looks like we’ve failed big time to do so for this season...

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    What I would have expected is that he would have been adequately replaced. Arguably our two most comparable competitors seem to be able to sign goalscorers (Hibs 9 league goals and Hearts 11 league goals versus our 4) so why can't we????
    I presume we were after other players which didn’t happen for one reason or another and ended up replacing him with Wilson.

The bottom line is he should never have been allowed out the door until an adequate replacement was brought in,this whole attitude from the club of not wanting to stand in the way of a players move is all very well.But they need to be a bit more concerned with their fans first who are their paying customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Simple.
    Our manager & our head of recruitment have managed to find ONE good striker in FIVE years
    They let him go without a replacement.
    P1ss poor management.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    The proverbial game of two halfs.

We were absolutely woeful first half - slow and ponderous, lacking intensity, directness and creativity.

Much better second half when we were more direct and got forward much quicker and therefore started to actually create chances.

Draw was fair though - farmers better first half, us better second.

Comments on a few players.

McKenna - good to see him back, was strong on and off the ball and handled Watt no problem. Watt tried to impose himself physically and got nowhere. Look forward to seeing him and Devlin get a run together in the middle now.

Logan - completely sleeping at corner for first goal where he lost his man as far as I could see. His defending really is poor at times.

Forrester - first time I’ve had a good look and not impressed I’m afraid. Based on that I can see why he’s not been playing. Created nothing and did nothing. Needs to step up big time or we’ve pished away £200k there I’m afraid.

Gleeson - does what he does well enough but he’s a really poor mans Ryan Jack. One of the main reasons we were so slow and ponderous first half was him constantly slowing any momentum and failing to get us going forward quickly any time he was on the ball. Don Ball was much more direct and helped get us forward much better when he came on. I also fail to see why you’d play Shinnie and Gleeson together as it just stifles us creating and going forward.

Stevie May - I actually felt sorry for him first half. Completely isolated and getting absolutely nowhere as one up front. One of DM’s big failings is the way he persists with something that simply doesn’t work. May as one up front simply doesn’t work so stop it ffs.

McGinn - fantastic free kick and was better today but we want and need more from him.

GMS - mirrored the team in a poor first half but much better second. Was very unlucky not to score when he cut in and let fly with the one the boy headed clear.

Cosgrove - I gave him stick after Dundee (rightly) but fair play, he did well today and helped turn us round second half. He won a lot in the air, held the ball up and linked with others well, and was very unlucky not to score with a great header that was well saved. Playing like that he does offer us something so no complaints with him today.

This boy Wilson better be something special and a goal scoring machine if he ever gets off the treatment table though as that team currently will struggle to score many in any game.

I’ve been at 4 of the 5 league games so far plus Burnley and sadly it’s clear (injuries or not - everyone gets them so no real excuse) we have gone backwards badly from last season. We’ve not replaced Christie or MacLean anywhere near adequately and it’s really hurting us. Nothing we can do before Xmas so it’s going to be a struggle.

Hope I’m wrong but it looks like 4th or 5th at best to me this year which is not good enough as anything better requires better results than today and last week for a start.

It grates a lot when you see what the diets have done so far. They have shown its is perfectly possible to put a good, winning side together on a budget like ours - sadly, it looks like we’ve failed big time to do so for this season...
    Spot on. We have had a great chance this season, but we have went backwards. Gleeson and Forrestor typifiy our season. No bottle, no passion, no heart.

Why is no one calling for a change after that gash. McInnes and Doherty have lost it. AFC could do way better than our current management team. Taking on Cosgrove typifies them, steady at the back and lump it forward.

I look forward to the day that boring cvnt goes. He is ruining our club.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Why is no one calling for a change after that gash. McInnes and Doherty have lost it. AFC could do way better than our current management team. Taking on Cosgrove typifies them, steady at the back and lump it forward.

I look forward to the day that boring cvnt goes. He is ruining our club.
    That’s exactly what everyone is doing on this thread.

Who do you think we could realistically get to replace him?

Agree with most of what has been written.

No creativity in midfield. Depending on McGinn and GMS - but with no threat thru the middle they were being snuffed out easily.

Hearts and Hibs seem to pick up decent players - but not us. Gleeson is Ok - but doesn't seem to have the killer pass in the final thrid to create a chance. Like Forrester.

Gleeson, Forrester, Hobban, Ferguson, Wilson, Lowe, Cosgrove, Devlin, Ball. Nine players brought in this year and only one played the full 90 today. Yes - I know Devlin was suspended and Ferguson has had a good season. May, Stewart, Tansey, Maynard, Parker, McGlaughlin blah blah. There's no doubt what the problem is - we don't recruit good, injury-free players who will become first-choice starters.

This season will bring new meaning to the word "mediocre".

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That’s exactly what everyone is doing on this thread.

Who do you think we could realistically get to replace him?
    Plenty lower league Scottish, English and overseas managers would drool over his wage and do way better. McInnes is as big a wage thief as Mark Kerr.

Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast