+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone Roll Call and Sh@t

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Not really, you posted I needed sanctioned. I expect for my outburst against McInnes. Nothing I posted was aimed directly at you. Now you may have a case about the state of my mental mind, however, I politely suggest you take a look closer to home if you feel our manager is doing fine.
    Heat of the moment min. I felt watching it on alba home after a good few beers that particularly in the second half I was watching a completely different game from the one I had read on the match thread. If we had had a decent striker we would have won that game comfortably. We are p?saying in fits and starts. If we have played another 3 or 4 games and are not getting more wins and Wilson's not contributed then I won't be happy either.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    I would have Greg Stewart in light years ahead of May or Stockley. There is a footballer in there somewhere but McInnes could not find it. He played him last season as a right winger which he is not and then benched him before ditching him in the summer. Steve Clarke is playing him in his best position as we found to our cost a couple of weeks ago. He also scored another cracking goal yesterday. There is a lesson here somewhere as we also let Shankland and Cammy Smith go both of whom I think were worth keeping.
    Mcinnes couldn't get him to play like that but he himself was just as much to blame. He was lazy as **** and overweight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    If we had had a decent striker we would have won that game comfortably.either.
    Not sure about that but the important thing here is we didn't win and we don't have a decent striker as we sold the one we had.

If we have played another 3 or 4 games and are not getting more wins and Wilson's not contributed then I won't be happy either.
    So you don't mind going 9 games like this and you are still pinning our hopes on a guy that nobody knows much about?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Mcinnes couldn't get him to play like that but he himself was just as much to blame. He was lazy as **** and overweight.
    Surely that is the manager's job to get him fit and play him in the right position. Stuck out on the right wing did nothing for his confidence or enjoyment of the game. If he was lazy he should have got a right kick up the a*se.

We can write off this season already. Fighting for 6th place looks our level.

When Wilson does eventually get a game, it will likely be the Right Back position.

Heat of the moment min. I felt watching it on alba home after a good few beers that particularly in the second half I was watching a completely different game from the one I had read on the match thread. If we had had a decent striker we would have won that game comfortably. We are p?saying in fits and starts. If we have played another 3 or 4 games and are not getting more wins and Wilson's not contributed then I won't be happy either.
    No problem trout, I'll keep a padded cell for you..........see you in 3 or 4 games!
    Look , Wilson will not try a leg. We're in a pickle.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    Surely that is the manager's job to get him fit and play him in the right position. Stuck out on the right wing did nothing for his confidence or enjoyment of the game. If he was lazy he should have got a right kick up the a*se.
    I agree but the player needs to take a look at himself.

It was laughable when the usual posters thought he just needed a preseason

No creativity or forward drive through the centre of the team whatsoever. Gleeson and Forrester are killing the midfield. Our only forward option is to go wide or go long, both of which become predictable after a while. I said at the end of last season we'd miss Kenny McLean far more than most people wanted to admit, and it's panning out exactly as I expected. I only hope that Wright comes back from injury quickly and gets a run in the no10 role as he's literaly the only hope we've got until we can bring someone in in January.

Added to that we haven't replaced our proven goalscorer. Wilson will play another couple games, pick up more injuries and return to Man Utd in January. May will not have scored more than 3 goals by the end of the year. Cosgrove will not have scored any. We'll be relying on GMS and McGinn for goals this season and our centre backs Considine, Devlin and McKenna will end up scoring more than our strikers this season.

Cosgrove just needs his first goal then he will start banging them in left, right and centre.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Cosgrove just needs his first goal then he will start banging them in left, right and centre.
    What do you do for an encore?

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast