+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New name for the stadium?

New name for the stadium?

Notts County ground could get new name
    Ben Truslove

BBC News Online

Notts County are looking for a stadium sponsor and could change the name of the Meadow Lane ground.

The League Two club have insisted they will keep the address of where they have been based since 1910 in any new title.

There was a mixed response amongst these fans to the proposal.

Video content
    00:22
    Video caption: Fans react to Notts County stadium dealFans react to Notts County stadium deal
    Notts County, the oldest professional league football club in the world, said: "Like any football club - or business for that matter - we have to explore every opportunity to generate revenue and are looking for a sponsor who must not only meet the value we have set but also be accepting of our wishes to retain a reference to 'Meadow Lane' within the stadium's title.

"We have held several discussions with a number of businesses but our search continues as we look to strike a delicate balance between maintaining our proud tradition and generating significant revenue for the club."

They can give it any name they like, but I'll never refer to it as anything other than Meadow Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    They can give it any name they like, but I'll never refer to it as anything other than Meadow Lane.
    What he said!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    What he said!

What they said^^^.

https://nottstv.com/fans-react-as-no...-stadium-name/

As you say, they can call the ground anything they want to but the address is still Meadow Lane and thats how it will always be referred to by Notts fans. If it generates a good income and helps the club move forward then why not.

I've said it before and I'l say it again...

'Pork Farms Stadium - Home of The 'Pies'

Such a missed opportunity

This^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    This^^^^^^^
    Me too

I would have thought Paragon Stadium, keep yours eggs in one basket,, but as stated it will always be the `Lane` for me.

If someone wants to pay top dollar for the naming rights, go right ahead. Always seems like money for old rope, so why not? It’ll still be Meadow Lane to all fans, same way as Rushcliffe Rovers will always play at the Temple of Sin (aka S**** Ground).

Talking of grounds, what is that weird new half stand at Exeter all about? I’ve heard of stands having the option for an extra tier, but never another half. Very odd. Mind you, they’ll still have to go some to outdo our wall with executive boxes in the 1980s for randomness.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast