+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you take?

I wouldn’t take 22nd. I want to see this bunch of spineless pansies make the effort to turn it around. I really want to see HK turn it around. I want to see a top 10 finish. If none of the above happens so be it, if we go down so be it, it would mean we got everything we deserved and there’s nothing any of us can do about it other than to continue our support of this great club with our usual misguided eternal optimism!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I would take 22nd now, the more important question is could the club, bearing in mind that 22nd would still mean losing far more than we win, and dwindling attendances when we have to pay what is presumably one of the highest wage bills in the division.
    Good point. I would take 22nd on the basis that at this stage it's very hard to see us troubling the upper reaches of League 2, so our main focus has to be simply staying in it. With that in mind 22nd place would achieve exactly the same as 8th, but the downside is that it would mean an absolutely miserable season. The upwards momentum that took us so long to build has vanished in a very short time, so I'd probably reluctantly take 22nd on the basis that it will preserve our "Oldest Football League club in the world" status.

Valium?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    ...if we go down so be it, it would mean we got everything we deserved and there’s nothing any of us can do about it other than to continue our support of this great club with our usual misguided eternal optimism!
    But it wouldn't be what WE deserve would it! WE deserve automatic promotion. If the worst did happen and we got relegated (way too soon for that talk yet) any deserving should be laid fair and square on the person(s) responsible for assembling this pile of garbage. (4th best defence my arse!!).
    4th best with Yates in front of it. Absolute crap once he left and absolute crap that he wasn't replaced (as near as possible) or the defensive weakness sorted last Jan and this close season. Don't even mention goalkeepers or CB!!!
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 11-09-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    But it wouldn't be what WE deserve would it! WE deserve automatic promotion. If the worst did happen and we got relegated (way too soon for that talk yet) any deserving should be laid fair and square on the person(s) responsible for assembling this pile of garbage. (4th best defence my arse!!).
    Very true, but then maybe we do deserve it by association!

4th best with Yates in front of it. Absolute crap once he left and absolute crap that he wasn't replaced (as near as possible) or the defensive weakness sorted last Jan and this close season. Don't even mention goalkeepers or CB!!!
    Yates by the way hasn't gone out on loan but as far as I'm aware has only played in the cup for Forest (and was subbed).

What a waste his change of loan for everyone concerned. Had he stayed here he would have had a promotion on his CV, as it was he went to Scunny and didn't play that often and they didn't go up, now he's not even playing first team football. What was the point?

I would take 22nd, but not survival on the last day. We need some daylight and breathing space between us and the bottom two.

Right now I'd definitely take 22nd, because we are incredibly bad, and there is no sign whatsoever of improvement. In fact, things are getting worse.

I'd also take 22nd at this point. Sad to say but it's all really smelly at the moment.

Is that true? Yates played in 25 of the first 26 games and we let in 26 goals (can't be bothered to find which game he missed)

In the following 20 games we let in 22.

So very slightly worse, but nowhere near as bad as you infer.

Oh - and a finish outside the play-offs will be disappointing after last season and the signings etc but I still think we will finish mid-table, just below Crawley
    Last edited by magpie_mania; 11-09-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast