+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What would you take?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I haven't changed the argument at all. You keep trotting out your little stats and all I am doing is expanding the fact that after Yates there was a noticeable slump in results and performance. Are you unable to see that the defence was noticeably worse and can you not see that there was a marked difference at both ends of the pitch once his influence and stability had been removed. At face value Yates was allowing players, back and front, to perform better. You can argue as much as you like when he left the defensive weaknesses became obvious.
    Rubbish!

Your original post was not about a noticeable slump in results and performance, It was about how poor the defence were after Yates left.

'But it wouldn't be what WE deserve would it! WE deserve automatic promotion. If the worst did happen and we got relegated (way too soon for that talk yet) any deserving should be laid fair and square on the person(s) responsible for assembling this pile of garbage. (4th best defence my arse!!).
    4th best with Yates in front of it. Absolute crap once he left and absolute crap that he wasn't replaced (as near as possible) or the defensive weakness sorted last Jan and this close season. Don't even mention goalkeepers or CB!!!'

Ignore the stats all you like, but they show that the defence was not 'noticeably worse' - it was marginally worse.

Do you agree that the number of goals scored reduced significantly more than the number of goals conceded? (0.34 goals per game compared to 0.1 per game).
    Last edited by magpie_mania; 12-09-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Rubbish!

Your original post was not about a noticeable slump in results and performance, It was about how poor the defence were after Yates left.

'But it wouldn't be what WE deserve would it! WE deserve automatic promotion. If the worst did happen and we got relegated (way too soon for that talk yet) any deserving should be laid fair and square on the person(s) responsible for assembling this pile of garbage. (4th best defence my arse!!).
    4th best with Yates in front of it. Absolute crap once he left and absolute crap that he wasn't replaced (as near as possible) or the defensive weakness sorted last Jan and this close season. Don't even mention goalkeepers or CB!!!'

Ignore the stats all you like, but they show that the defence was not 'noticeably worse' - it was marginally worse.

Do you agree that the number of goals scored reduced significantly more than the number of goals conceded? (0.34 goals per game compared to 0.1 per game).
    Whatever.

Whatever.
    Bloody hell, some people just seem to argue for the sake of it*.

* Sorry for the irony, but you are both beginning to sound just like me! Even though I've had the odd difference with both Smiffy and m_m over certain topics, both of you are among the posters I respect and listen to. That's because differences are the lifeblood of the board, whether in footy topics or OT topics. Whatever anyone says they add considerable interest, and only when they descend into serious abuse and threats do they cross the line, and neither of you could ever be accused of that. If this is now an unmoderated board, I just hope it can be allowed to continue on an 'agree to disagree' basis.

Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Bloody hell, some people just seem to argue for the sake of it*.

* Sorry for the irony, but you are both beginning to sound just like me! Even though I've had the odd difference with both Smiffy and m_m over certain topics, both of you are among the posters I respect and listen to. That's because differences are the lifeblood of the board, whether in footy topics or OT topics. Whatever anyone says they add considerable interest, and only when they descend into serious abuse and threats do they cross the line, and neither of you could ever be accused of that. If this is now an unmoderated board, I just hope it can be allowed to continue on an 'agree to disagree' basis.
    I agree entirely with what you say. I don't agree with abuse of any kind, but I am happy to debate / argue a point. I guess that my comment 'Rubbish' above is probably about the strongest I've posted! (Tarquin now trawling the last 5 years to see if he can find something stronger!).

Whatever.
    I guess your answer's 'yes' but you'd rather not say that!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Rubbish!

I agree with Smiffy the defence got worse after Yates left. Just because we didn't concede loads more goals as a result we just got lucky. The opposition created far more chances but didn't take them and you are not saying the likes of Duffy and Jones were as good after Xmas than before are you??

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I agree with Smiffy the defence got worse after Yates left. Just because we didn't concede loads more goals as a result we just got lucky. The opposition created far more chances but didn't take them and you are not saying the likes of Duffy and Jones were as good after Xmas than before are you??
    That made me smile!

The defence were worse but we just got lucky.

In that case, we'd be really happy if the defence was strengthened, played really well but let 5 goals in, as we could say, "Well we were just unlucky"

A defence is measured on how many goals it concedes, just as an attacker is measured on how many they score.

There’s no I in team. It’s not about the defence or the forwards it’s about the results the team obtain.

After Yates left we became a mid table team rather than an automatic promotion team statically.

Yates was a major influence, accept that and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I'd say there is a material difference. The loss of interest would hit Notts and Hardy hard.
    I would agree with you, slack-pie. no matter how much money AH has spent, if the product isn't there no-one will come to watch it. Anything below half-way would see the fan's interest dropping like rain, we could expect a return to gates of -4,000.

No-one should accept less than a top six finish and if HK cannot give us that then he's not the man for the job next year. I'm beginning to have my doubts anyway, he has just not strengthened the dispirited, colander-like defence and the powder-puff midfield, but we'll see won't we?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast