+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What would you take?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I haven't changed the argument at all. You keep trotting out your little stats and all I am doing is expanding the fact that after Yates there was a noticeable slump in results and performance. Are you unable to see that the defence was noticeably worse and can you not see that there was a marked difference at both ends of the pitch once his influence and stability had been removed. At face value Yates was allowing players, back and front, to perform better. You can argue as much as you like when he left the defensive weaknesses became obvious.
    Rubbish!

Your original post was not about a noticeable slump in results and performance, It was about how poor the defence were after Yates left.

'But it wouldn't be what WE deserve would it! WE deserve automatic promotion. If the worst did happen and we got relegated (way too soon for that talk yet) any deserving should be laid fair and square on the person(s) responsible for assembling this pile of garbage. (4th best defence my arse!!).
    4th best with Yates in front of it. Absolute crap once he left and absolute crap that he wasn't replaced (as near as possible) or the defensive weakness sorted last Jan and this close season. Don't even mention goalkeepers or CB!!!'

Ignore the stats all you like, but they show that the defence was not 'noticeably worse' - it was marginally worse.

Do you agree that the number of goals scored reduced significantly more than the number of goals conceded? (0.34 goals per game compared to 0.1 per game).
    Last edited by magpie_mania; 12-09-2018 at 04:40 PM.