+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you take?

What would you take?

Two questions

1) If it was offered now, would anyone take 22nd place as the end of season position?

2) If not, what's the lowest place you would take if it was on offer now?

I'll give my answer if there's a few replies.

7th

Yep, I'd take 22nd now. My reasoning being: I doubt we'll get promoted now, so please God let's not get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Yep, I'd take 22nd now. My reasoning being: I doubt we'll get promoted now, so please God let's not get relegated.
    I'm almost there, but not quite yet.

I get the logic, but it'd mean it was a completely **** season and we'd be in bad shape for the next. So I'd take my chances and go with Swale's 7th. Lose to Stevenage though and I'm with you.

I’m still optimistic we can turn things around - but we need to stop the rot on Saturday. We need to find a rugged, mobile midfielder and get a full squad fighting fit (Tootle, Hall, Kellett), and see what Kewell can do on the training ground. We have actually played some excellent passing football in very brief spells this season. The question is if we can add the necessary steel needed to complement that.

As it all hypothetical and will have no effect on where we will actually finish why not say 1st.
    Turn things around and go on an unbeaten run until the end of the season. Promoted as champions. Simple

I'd take 22nd now as I can't see any other team that is as bad as us at the moment which in the past when we've been near the bottom I could. We have the best squad on paper but unfortunately the games played on grass which they're struggling at!!

I would accept a late run to finish 7th

I would take 22nd now, the more important question is could the club, bearing in mind that 22nd would still mean losing far more than we win, and dwindling attendances when we have to pay what is presumably one of the highest wage bills in the division.

With the fundamentals appearing to be so wrong with this squad, from the balance of it right through to the basic fitness of many of the players, it’s really hard to see how it can be turned round enough to be involved in anything other than a relegation battle.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I would take 22nd now, the more important question is could the club, bearing in mind that 22nd would still mean losing far more than we win, and dwindling attendances when we have to pay what is presumably one of the highest wage bills in the division.

Good point. We probably need at least top half form from now on (and end up in Kewell's favourite position 14th) to avoid a big drop off in interest.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast