+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bamford out for 4 months

I think our most important player right now, and therefore most irreplaceable, is Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    I think our most important player right now, and therefore most irreplaceable, is Pablo
    X2

Missed him big time v Boro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    X2

Missed him big time v Boro.
    A bit of a shame he's now going to be out for at least three weeks..........

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Roberts naff ?
    Harsh on the kid,IMO.
    He's not yet played for us in the central strikers role to be fair Joel & he's only 19 !

............ to be fair one would expect other players to chip in with a few goals this season too.Plenty of chances are being created this season as the stats are starting to show already - and long may it continue especially in those hostile Bermondsey green pastures.
    Fingers crossed that squad will suffice till Jan and then we'll deem what calibre of reinforcements will be needed.
    MOT

Roberts looks naff, its an evaluation of every time i've seen him play so far. Not someone currently who makes me jump at joy that he could be our only fit striker.

Yup and now the top two of those are out injured. Squad depth? What squad depth.

It wouldn't surprise me to see nearly all 7 of the youth backups in the 18 vs Millwall, so many unavailable players for this fixture

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me to see nearly all 7 of the youth backups in the 18 vs Millwall, so many unavailable players for this fixture
    Which was my worry at start of season. What will this squad do once the injures and suspensions start mounting up. We are basically without Pablo, Roofe, Bamford, Brown (I know he hasn't played yet but he will be a big player for us) and Berardi for a month at least as all their injuries are 3 weeks or more. Add say Saiz, Jansson or Cooper to that and we are really going to be fecked.

Feckn nightmare. 5hite timing. 5hite luck.

Lose 2 more seniors and we are then officially too short on experienced numbers

The shack attack kid is also out now

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    A bit of a shame he's now going to be out for at least three weeks..........
    So is Roofe and Berardi.

What a time to suffer all these injuries

Gutted!

to be absolutely honest I'm still not convinced Bamford is a good fit for 'Bielsa ball', he just doesn't look to have the mobility which Roofe gives us, from everything I've seen he looks like the type of forward who plays best with a partner i.e. two up front, so I'm really hoping Roberts will prove to be more of a like for like replacement. But I think we'll still really miss the runs Roofe has been making in previous games.

Hernandez is a huge hole which Harrison definitely does not fill. It was obvious against Boro that we struggled to play that fast forward passing game, and whilst I'm not blaming Harrison entirely for that, he's much more of a conventional winger than Pablo, so doesn't provide the same 'roaming the pitch linking play' influence. But I'm not sure we have any better alternative unfortunately.

Berardi - not so worried because I think Jansson has looked at least as effective overall, what he might lack in terms of playing out from the back he more than makes up for in terms of actual defensive play, so might even make us stronger defensively, which could be a good thing against Millwall.

Also Bielsa has had two weeks to improve the integration of the likes of Roberts, Jansson and the other squad players into the style of play of the first 11, so hopefully we'll see that today. Nevertheless, still more hoping than expecting this afternoon, which is the first time I've felt that this season since the Derby game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)