+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bamford out for 4 months

Bamford out for 4 months

Worrying, this was my fear with our squad that a few injuries would soon see us really struggling.

Now we have no back up striker other than Roberts who has looked errrrrrm naff and Edmondson who is 17 and very raw + not ready yet.

Hope everyone else stays fit/ free from suspension now especially Roofe.

Seems we either sign them crocked or crock them when they sign.😠😠

I don't buy this 'we didn't have enough cover' argument. What are people saying, that we should have gone and bought another £5-7m forward? Firstly that seems pretty unrealistic, and secondly which forward of that level would have come anyway, knowing we already had Bamford, Roofe, Roberts and Edmondson? There are very few teams in the Premiership never mind the Championship who have a ready replacement waiting in the wings to come in when one of their top forwards gets injured.

how can anyone say Roberts is cr@p? give him a chance to play a couple of games first ffs...

Sorry to hear that,Sometimes good news comes from bad news though as In Bamfords case he's Phookin useless ..

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    I don't buy this 'we didn't have enough cover' argument. What are people saying, that we should have gone and bought another £5-7m forward? Firstly that seems pretty unrealistic, and secondly which forward of that level would have come anyway, knowing we already had Bamford, Roofe, Roberts and Edmondson? There are very few teams in the Premiership never mind the Championship who have a ready replacement waiting in the wings to come in when one of their top forwards gets injured.
    No.

It is other areas, you can afford a shortage in one position for a period of time but not two if you want to be successful and we are playing a risky game in terms of squad depth, we've done this loads in the past and just pretended it isn't an issue because we've won games but once it happens everyone is moaning and whining.

Hope they all stay fit but they way we play I highly doubt we won't see a few more injuries or suspensions.

new challenge for Ayling.........

Klich and Dallas on the score sheet tonight. Under 23s and 18s scoring freely. Worry not

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Worrying, this was my fear with our squad that a few injuries would soon see us really struggling.

Now we have no back up striker other than Roberts who has looked errrrrrm naff and Edmondson who is 17 and very raw + not ready yet.

Hope everyone else stays fit/ free from suspension now especially Roofe.
    Roberts naff ?
    Harsh on the kid,IMO.
    He's not yet played for us in the central strikers role to be fair Joel & he's only 19 !

............ to be fair one would expect other players to chip in with a few goals this season too.Plenty of chances are being created this season as the stats are starting to show already - and long may it continue especially in those hostile Bermondsey green pastures.
    Fingers crossed that squad will suffice till Jan and then we'll deem what calibre of reinforcements will be needed.
    MOT

bamford injured, he wasn't starting matches

weve roofe Hernandez alioski saiz klich and phillips all proven goalscorers, weve Clarke Roberts and edmondson all pushing for first team action, quite frankly, at this stage, im not worried, if we lose 1 of those first teamers that I just mentioned, then I'll start to worry a little bit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)