+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aston villa(home)predictions

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Annoyingly, I won't be able to watch this one. It's not on iFollow because Sky are showing it. Here, it's being broadcast via BeIn Sports, which I don't subscribe to.
    If anyone hears of a link in advance, please let me know.
    Looking forward to this....sorry Aucks!! they have sold out near on 7,500k. I'm expecting around 21k on today, will be a great atmosphere. And should be a good game. I'll have a look for a link mate.

1-1.. Overall a fair result I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    1-1.. Overall a fair result I think.

I think they where fortunate. They got lucky with the off side goal. Lucky with the one off the line. Lucky to have got 5 mins of injury time. And scored a wonder strike with their first real shot on target all night. Raya didn't have a shot to save all night of any note. It was a decent game, we played well. And we have a much better manager.

I saw it as a fair result on balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I saw it as a fair result on balance.
    Walking out last night the Villa lot where all fighting amongst themselves. Half of them where celebrating getting a point. The other other half where fuming saying we looked a better side. But they have spent a fortune and if they don't go up, they'll go into admin. And they want Bruce gone. They where actually coming to blows.
    All that money, I thought they got very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Walking out last night the Villa lot where all fighting amongst themselves. Half of them where celebrating getting a point. The other other half where fuming saying we looked a better side. But they have spent a fortune and if they don't go up, they'll go into admin. And they want Bruce gone. They where actually coming to blows.
    All that money, I thought they got very lucky.
    I went to some of the Villa fan-sites. Wow! They have turned on Bruce, almost to a man. Many of them are also panning Grealish, who was Villa's best player, according to most of the match-reports.
    Champs - you sound like Bruce...but with the opposite bias. He didn't mention the poor off-side decision but laboured the point about the penalty-claim. You are doing the opposite. I've looked at the highlights several times, and - let's be honest - if that had been at the other end, we would have been up in arms that the penalty wasn't given. Some Rovers fans are suggesting the player was already unbalanced, but - regardless of that - it was a clear trip.

Those decisions were arguably borderline, in any other given match they would go one way or the another. That’s the nature of it as you say Aucks. Bias has always been a trait in these situations as long as I can remember.
    The penalty claim at the moment it occurred I thought it was A likely pen, and on review still see it as a good case for a shout . On the free kick one my thought was no, but on review I then saw it as ‘clumsy’ by Reed so a free kick was on balance warranted. Despite Grealish being an annoyingly big girls show pony.
    Dacks off side was the epitome of fine margins even in super slow mo it’s v v hard to criticise as the player marginally (this is slow mo let’s not forget ) playing him on is in line and directly behind him, (as are several other players) in the line of sight of linesman who can only give what he sees.

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Those decisions were arguably borderline, in any other given match they would go one way or the another. That’s the nature of it as you say Aucks. Bias has always been a trait in these situations as long as I can remember.
    The penalty claim at the moment it occurred I thought it was A likely pen, and on review still see it as a good case for a shout . On the free kick one my thought was no, but on review I then saw it as ‘clumsy’ by Reed so a free kick was on balance warranted. Despite Grealish being an annoyingly big girls show pony.
    Dacks off side was the epitome of fine margins even in super slow mo it’s v v hard to criticise as the player marginally (this is slow mo let’s not forget ) playing him on is in line and directly behind him, (as are several other players) in the line of sight of linesman who can only give what he sees.
    When WE are not sure, even with all the technology, it IS a bit harsh when the officials get so much stick! The managers contort themselves to avoid blame, and we all gaze with blinkers on too!
    Officiating is not the most rewarding job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I went to some of the Villa fan-sites. Wow! They have turned on Bruce, almost to a man. Many of them are also panning Grealish, who was Villa's best player, according to most of the match-reports.
    Champs - you sound like Bruce...but with the opposite bias. He didn't mention the poor off-side decision but laboured the point about the penalty-claim. You are doing the opposite. I've looked at the highlights several times, and - let's be honest - if that had been at the other end, we would have been up in arms that the penalty wasn't given. Some Rovers fans are suggesting the player was already unbalanced, but - regardless of that - it was a clear trip.
    Quite frankly go get ****ed pal.
    I was sat 10 yards from it not on the other side of the world.
    The ref didn't give it, neither did the linesman. He was already slipping over as he went across Smallwood. Where did you want him to go? Disappear into thin air? Bruce didn't mention our goal disallowed? I mentioned their pen. I just happen to think he cut across. Yes he forced contact. But it's a contact sport. The Villa lad didn't even appeal. Our header goal was disallowed because Dack blocked Hutton from where the lino was standing. He was onside. No doubt. But the linesman was insighted.

In your opinion it was clear Auks.
    But It was not clear to the Ref, or the linesman. The lad himself didn't really appeal.
    If you have ever played football at a certain standard (not 5 a side with work mates on a tues night after work) the pace in which tackles are made are often lost once you have sat and watched 8 times in slow-mo on TV thousands of miles away. The tackle takes place in real time. The lad had slightly lost control, knew the tackle was coming and fell into him, but crucially, he was already slipping over. Before any contact. Then he made sure contact was made.
    Contact FYI in case you have forgotten is allowed. Where did you want Smallwood go? Float up to space and allow the lad to score? I'm sure that's what Bruce wanted aswell.
    The ref was about 5/6 yards from it, and had a perfect view. I was sat about 10/12 yards away. And saw the same angle. Live ...in play,. as it happened.
    Not 15 times via slow-mo. The ref doesn't get that luxury.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)