+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do you still think CW wants a striker in January?

Do you still think CW wants a striker in January?

I do. He hasn't spent a penny on a proven striker and Washington only has a deal till the summer...

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post
    I do. He hasn't spent a penny on a proven striker and Washington only has a deal till the summer...
    I'm sure Tufty&The staff will have their list ready but havin your list ready and gerrin players to actually sign or completely different are they not? For what it's worth i agree we do need another striker in January but for nar i'm just gunna enjoy our play.UTCB

yeah me too but im not certain chris does think he sees woodburn as another striker from the bench plus is cheds loan up in january or has it been extended ? might still think he could do a job

Yes.

Good strikers are essential
    We have decent strikers, but none of them will be able to do it for a full season.
    It should be the number one priority to get at least one proven goal getter in, but it has to be one that can play within our system and not just get a striker in because he's ok and he's available.

Early days but imo CW hasn't yet solved the striker issue

3 strikers in their 30's

1 striker who hasn't proved himself in the Championship to date

As decent a technical player McG is, I don't think he is the answer to the problem and very early days for Washington, but I have my doubts about his goal scoring prowess at this level

I hope I'm wrong of course

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Yes he needs someone to come in as cover for Leon. The other three are too similar Sharp, Goldie and Washington. We also need to find a quality left footed midfielder to sit in Flecks shoes when he's injured, suspended or needing a rest. When both him and Duffy went off against Villa we lost the midfield. Johnson may be an option but he's a very different type of player.

Kean Bryan seems to be the cover for JOC but he needs to get some games under his belt so we can assess whether he is championship quality before the JTW otherwise another position to fill. We can't rest on our laurels if they are not good enough move them on quick.
    Dunt agree re;the 3 strikers bein similar Longy,Billy's a box player,Goldie's a link player and George is a runner.It's gunna cost alot to get someone anywhere near as good as FLECKY i just hope we dunt sell him in't January,i aint heard we may but it would be disastrous for our season if we did.UTCB