+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAO Sota

Cheers Brin. It's missed us, but as you say, it's going to hit the Carolinas. Our youngest spent last year at UNC in Chapel Hill, NC so we got to know the area fairly well. Lovely people, but a bit old fashioned lol. Thanks for asking, as you always do. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Cheers Brin. It's missed us, but as you say, it's going to hit the Carolinas. Our youngest spent last year at UNC in Chapel Hill, NC so we got to know the area fairly well. Lovely people, but a bit old fashioned lol. Thanks for asking, as you always do. Cheers.
    Sota, good news my friend albeit for some folk who will suffer loss and hardship.
    On our US state tours we have visited South Carolina and what a beautiful place it is.

I’ve previously discussed this with CT Miller as he has fond acquaintances with the area. What I recall is there are so many fragile buildings of all descriptions be they private or business dwellings that may well succumb to the inevitable massive hurricane.

Glad to hear though all is fine for your family and area.
    Last edited by Brin; 12-09-2018 at 11:57 PM.

Not looking good for the Carolinas. I sold the property I owned in Charleston last year. I doubt it would have suffered from this latest onslaught but it would have been stressful worrying about it. You're right, Brin, a lot of the coastal real estate isn't particularly robust. I spent a fair amount of time in the Charleston area 10-15 years ago when my eldest daughter lived there and her long term boyfriend -now husband - was stationed there in the U.S. Navy. Very fond memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    apart from the scumbags who will attempt to benefit from it.
    Just curious, who is this anger aimed at exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Just curious, who is this anger aimed at exactly?
    Knowing Brin I suggest that he is almost certainly referring to looters and to people who increases prices or withold necessities to benefit financially from disasters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12