+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: East Thurrock v St Albans City last Saturday afternoon.

East Thurrock v St Albans City last Saturday afternoon.

Arriving in Es*** on a family trip, I decided to pay a visit into the National League South to watch this highly entertaining game which finished 4-2 to the visitors. The game was watched by 326 people and for a neutral like me , a great way to spend a blank afternoon.
    Despite leading 2-1 with just over ten minutes left, the home side contrived to let in 3 goals( the pick was a very well taken goal by Sam Merson , son of father Paul.) look for it on YouTube.in an action packed finale. Throw in a penalty and 2 sendings off, a member of each team’s coaching staff, and you have enough in 90 minutes or so to keep you out of mischief !
    It doesn’t have to be Premier League football to keep you occupied on a Saturday afternoon.Sometimes a lower league game like this one will be just as good. Next time I am up in the area, maybe i’ll pay them another visit.

You need to jump on the FAO sinkov thread malwayne. Supersub6 and sinkov love the lower leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You need to jump on the FAO sinkov thread malwayne. Supersub6 and sinkov love the lower leagues.
    Almost correct BT --sinkov and me just love the game of football, at whatever level, in fact, I probably take it to a different extreme to sinkov because I watch the women as well.

You're right Sub, I don't go to the extreme of watching women's football, not even on't box. We were 3-1 up at half-time against Atherton Collieries Tuesday night, shipped 4 second half goals and lost 3-5. That's 23 goals conceded in just five home games. The manager, probably sensing the fan's disgruntlement at this less than successful start to the home campaign, resigned after the game. No doubt to save himself being sacked. His assistant takes over, if he can improve the results and performances, which shouldn't be that difficult, he'll probably keep the job. Colwyn Bay at home Saturday, if we don't beat the sheep-shaggers though, then it'll be a new man in next week without a doubt.

Never a dull moment in non-league.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You're right Sub, I don't go to the extreme of watching women's football, not even on't box. We were 3-1 up at half-time against Atherton Collieries Tuesday night, shipped 4 second half goals and lost 3-5. That's 23 goals conceded in just five home games. The manager, probably sensing the fan's disgruntlement at this less than successful start to the home campaign, resigned after the game. No doubt to save himself being sacked. His assistant takes over, if he can improve the results and performances, which shouldn't be that difficult, he'll probably keep the job. Colwyn Bay at home Saturday, if we don't beat the sheep-shaggers though, then it'll be a new man in next week without a doubt.

Never a dull moment in non-league.
    You are certainly guaranteed goals when watching Clitheroe, sinkov, even if quite a lot are at the wrong end.
    More turmoil at this stage of the season does not do a lot for the fans, however, you can only wait and see. Good luck on Saturday.
    Ashington play Crook Town in the Vase so that should be interesting!

The fans have had enough though Sub, it's been a shocking few weeks, Clitheroe are not a team that expects to struggle at this level and are always aiming at least for the play-offs. This guy got Warrington promoted and was brought in to do the same for us. He seems to have lost the plot totally though, it couldn't go on.

Where are Crook Town in relation to Ashington, should you be beating them ?

Crook Town are in the Northern League Second Division which is the division lower than Ashington, however, nothing is guaranteed the way that Ashington have been playing. Crook are just above mid table having played 9 matches with equal distribution of wins, draws and losses. It will be an interesting game!

Easy-peasy Sub, Ashington in the next round is my confident prediction. Mark my words.

Sinkov--- you are correct!! Crook scored in the 3rd minute and then Ashington scored twice in 12 minutes so they were 2-1 ahead after 15 minutes. Crook equalised on the half hour and it was 2-2 at half time.
    Crook ran out of steam in the second half and the Ashington centre forward, who can trap a ball further than he can kick it, completed a hat trick and Ashington progress after a 6-2 triumph.

Good stuff Sub, an eight goal thriller with the right result !! A bit more like it at Clitheroe, a new keeper, only average but better than the last one, helped the defence, but our two main strikers were out injured and we were lightweight up front. 0-0 at half-time, Colwyn Bay scored at the start of the 2nd half and added a 2nd in injury time.

Two out injured, one suspended and two new signings coming allegedly, so it ought to improve, but you never know. Rammy away in the League Cup on Wednesday night. Good pies over there as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)