+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: East Thurrock v St Albans City last Saturday afternoon.

sinkov---enjoy the pies --never mind the football! Still early days yet so you have time to improve.
    Blyth AFC who won promotion to the Northern League Division One have folded after a four math winning run to the season.
    They formed their club by breaking away from Blyth Town AFC, however, they did not have a ground and ended up last season by ground sharing with Ashington. Their owner is a local businessman who seems to have his finger in a lot of pies and it is rumoured that he offered players a lot of money to come and play for him.
    They tried to get a ground during the close season but were unsuccessful. mainly I think because the owner was not very well liked! Anyway, here we are just a few weeks into the season and they have folded and left a number of players in the lurch.

Non-league football eh?

It's never boring is it Sub, even the Corry scriptwriters couldn't dream up some of the stuff that happens in non-league. Any of those Blyth players any good for Ashington ? It's an ill wind etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's never boring is it Sub, even the Corry scriptwriters couldn't dream up some of the stuff that happens in non-league. Any of those Blyth players any good for Ashington ? It's an ill wind etc.
    The strange thing is, sinkov, that some of those players used to be at Ashington before the promise of more lucre came from Blyth!

I have just seen that Ashington are away to Nelson in the next round of the FA Vase and it is scheduled for 13 October.

We're at home to Pontefract Collieries in the Vase Sub, or else I'd have gone over for that. I was there for a pre-season friendly and Clitheroe, with a bit of a scratch team out, won comfortably enough. Can't see Ashington having a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We're at home to Pontefract Collieries in the Vase Sub, or else I'd have gone over for that. I was there for a pre-season friendly and Clitheroe, with a bit of a scratch team out, won comfortably enough. Can't see Ashington having a problem.
    I see that Nelson are having a fairly poor season so far. I like their ground though --very old school!

There's not much of the old Seedhill left now Sub, where they play now is very much like playing in a local park. In fact that's more or less what they are doing.

I hadn't realised that ---I have obviously been away too long!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)