+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dennis cost 90k

Dennis cost 90k

Notts County World

@NottsCworld
    13h13 hours ago
    Notts County paid 90K for Kristian Dennis in the Summer, with Chesterfield manager Martin Allen staying that it was an offer that “was to good to refuse”.

This therefore makes Kristian the 27th most expensive Notts player ever, behind Robbie Turner in 26th.

📈 - Transfermarkt

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Notts County World

@NottsCworld
    13h13 hours ago
    Notts County paid 90K for Kristian Dennis in the Summer, with Chesterfield manager Martin Allen staying that it was an offer that “was to good to refuse”.

This therefore makes Kristian the 27th most expensive Notts player ever, behind Robbie Turner in 26th.

📈 - Transfermarkt

Robbie Turner, there's a blast from the past. Dave Robinson signed for us that same season for £300,000, he played 4 games for us in total before retiring through injury.

I'd say £90 would be too good to refuse, let alone £90K.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    I'd say £90 would be too good to refuse, let alone £90K.
    Time will hopefully prove us both wrong but from what I've seen, I think you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Time will hopefully prove us both wrong but from what I've seen, I think you're right.
    As you correctly stated, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    As you correctly stated, time will tell.
    I think there's more to young Dennis's game, than we have seen so far, hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Robbie Turner, there's a blast from the past. Dave Robinson signed for us that same season for £300,000, he played 4 games for us in total before retiring through injury.
    We signed Dave Robinson from Peterborough for £400,000. He came to us having not fully recovered from a serious leg injury. Hence he only played 4 games.....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We signed Dave Robinson from Peterborough for £400,000. He came to us having not fully recovered from a serious leg injury. Hence he only played 4 games.....

Looks like Bojo was in the region of £300,000 then?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ulders-2000552

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Looks like Bojo was in the region of £300,000 then?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ulders-2000552
    That's huge for a club like Notts! And such a risk to shift that much money on one player, when you could use the wages to lure quality players on a free.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    That's huge for a club like Notts! And such a risk to shift that much money on one player, when you could use the wages to lure quality players on a free.
    "..quality players on a free." Rather an oxymoron, methinks. I know what you're driving at though, if the £300k is accurate-ish we could have bought perhaps two or three decent-ish stalwarts to prop up the defence or add bite in midfield or goal-keep.

Bunging out such a large sum is a risk we can ill-afford if the goods aren't immediately shown to be worth it. He's not on his own though is he? Hemmings and Dennis have yet to live up to their price-tags. Then again, if the manager isn't up to it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast