+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ist person to name the team, wins poster of the day

Ist person to name the team, wins poster of the day

I can't name them all but I'll help with some of them,
    back row, dennis clarke, campbell crawford, dougie fraser, ray fairfax, eddie colqhuon, fred everiss??(sec), bobby cram, graham lovett, jeff astle, dunno, stan jones.
    next row, dunno,dunno,dunno,dunno gk,dunno gk, dick sheppard, ray potter, dick kryzwicki, gerry howshall, dunno, stuart williams.
    seated, jimmy hagan mngr., bomber brown, ian collard, chippy clark, graham williams, john kaye, dunno, ken foggo, bobby hope, albert mcpherson.
    on the very front I only recognise ray treacy in the centre, maybe ronnie fenton on the very right?

ps. there's a few of them I'd love to see playing tonight

Quote Originally Posted by df46 View Post
    I can't name them all but I'll help with some of them,
    back row, dennis clarke, campbell crawford, dougie fraser, ray fairfax, eddie colqhuon, fred everiss??(sec), bobby cram, graham lovett, jeff astle, dunno, stan jones.
    next row, dunno,dunno,dunno,dunno gk,dunno gk, dick sheppard, ray potter, dick kryzwicki, gerry howshall, dunno, stuart williams.
    seated, jimmy hagan mngr., bomber brown, ian collard, chippy clark, graham williams, john kaye, dunno, ken foggo, bobby hope, albert mcpherson.
    on the very front I only recognise ray treacy in the centre, maybe ronnie fenton on the very right?
    Unfortunately, I didn't see any of these players in the flesh.

But, the front line sitting 4th from the left looks like a very young Asa Hartford, but I'm probably wrong.

Cannot be dead Fred everiss though.

You are correct with Asa Hartford. Only one I recognise on the front row.

Is the 3rd left on the 2nd top row a very young Lyndon Hughes? Bit of a guesss but is the 2nd from the left on the front row a young Kenny Stephens? I know someone has said maybe Ronnie Fenton front row, far right but could it be Allan Merrick? Probably wrong on all 3 but very interesting photo.
    Last edited by Yarmbaggie; 14-09-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Last thought could it be Ray Wilson to the left of Stuart Williams on the 2nd to top row. What a great player he was but he must have been very young when that photo was taken.

DF46 has got the main team spot on, but I don't know any of the Youth players in the front row (and I'm not so sure that that's Asa, as he had blonde hair).
    Terry Simpson is 2nd from right back row, and Front row far right might be Kenny Stephens (?) Isn't 5th from left back row Danny Campbell?

Team v Villa that night

Sheppard
    Cram
    Collard
    Lovett
    Jones
    Fraser
    Foggo
    Astle
    Kaye
    Hope
    Clark

Agree with ts ref Stephens & Simpson

Back Row: Dennis Clarke, ?, Doug Fraser, Ray Fairfax, Campbell Crawford, Bobby Cram, Graham Lovett, Jeff Astle, Terry Simpson, Stan Jones

2nd Row: ?,?, ?,?,?, Rick Sheppard, Ray Potter, Dick Krzywicki, Gerry Howshall, ?, Stuart Williams

3rd Row: Jimmy Hagan, Tony Brown, ?, Clive Clark, Graham Williams, John Kaye, ?, Ken Foggo, Bobby Hope, Albert Macpherson

Front Row: ?, Kenny Stephens, ?,?,?,?,?, Micky Fudge
    Last edited by Q165; 14-09-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)